Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

sandi0606
a spark
a spark

Re: Allen Ginsberg--Howl

Post by sandi0606 »

http://www.possets.com/talking/posting. ... f=9&t=2041#
The first day I wore this to work everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at me. Everyone was silent for a moment, and then one of the girls said "Da*n, you smell AMAZING!!". I was like, "Is it too much?" cringe...And I got a resounding "NO!". :wink: That's all I'm saying. This stuff is magic.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

Not what I expected but I totally love it. In the vial it smells like chocolate to me, a nice dark cocoa with underying musks. On me it becomes very sweet and has an almost coconut vibe. I know, weird but I think this is something my body does with red musks. After awhile I start to get the patchouli and just the faintest hint of incense/smokethat reminds me of Sweet Arabia (which is one of my top faves). Overall much sweeter than I expected but still lovely. This may have to go on my bottle-list.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I have only tried this once, and I have to give it another round before I write a full review, but let's just say it's really yanking my chain. SO sexy.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

On my second go round. I am finding this a very manly scent. Not the way men's scents smell nowadays, which all smell painfully sharp to me. This scent makes me think of Hemingway. or even Cary Grant. Rough around the edges. I don't know all the notes, but it isn't cloying like sandalwood, or powdery like amber, or even "bohemian" like incense. This is a scent for an outsider, a sailor, a man who wears sweaters. (I know, I know...I'm riffing here.) You can't smell the smoke, but you can sense that this man enjoys a good tobacco.

The throw is excellent (but not overpowering) and it lasts. It's also fairly consistent on me from bottle to drydown. I LOVE it.
Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena »

Mmmm, sweet patchouli goodness! This is just like BPAL Vixen (my fav BPAL) sans the orange blossom. It has great throw and lasting power. I wish the vanilla was more prominent and I'm considering layering it with a bit of Gelato: Vaniglia to see what happens!

ETA:
I just wore it again and I swear I got a note of chocolate while it was wet.
Xaila

Post by Xaila »

I've been trying to think of what to say about this for a few days and I'm still at a bit of a loss. This came as a freebie with my first Possets order and was an instant hit with me. I'm so glad that I got a chance to try it this way because it's probably not something I would have gone out of my way to pick out for myself based on notes alone. 5ml is coming my way soon :fez:

In the vial and when wet, there's a strong sense of cocoa. That's not a listed note but I'd be shocked if it wasn't in there. It's not a very foodie chocolate to me - more of a dark and sweet dryness that blends beautifully with the rest of the notes.

It quickly dries to a very sexy woodsy-smoky-musky blend. The patchouli in this is amazing. It's not overpowering at all. It really does remind me of being in a room with a stand of patchouli incense gently smouldering somewhere in a corner. It's very hard for me to find perfume oils with any sort of incense vibe that isn't straight-up incense sticks, but this manages to do it. The sandalwoods are beautiful as well...I can see this being a really unisex blend. It's definitely on the side of masculine but not so much so that I feel like I'm wearing cologne. Really, it's so well blended that everything just works. It's a very comforting blend that I just can't get enough of. Great for fall/winter...can't wait to get the full bottle.
herparents
a spark
a spark

Post by herparents »

Howl is not at all aggressive on me, despite its namesake. This is a perfume for cuddling. It's almost all chocolate (the nice expensive dark kind, not cheapo Hersheys) when wet, and then the sandalwood and a hint of patchouli come out. It's a smooth, dark, but altogether wearable scent.