Gauze Screen (from A Haiku collection, summer 2013)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Gauze Screen (from A Haiku collection, summer 2013)

Post by Petticoats »

Fabienne generously included a sample of Gauze Screen in my last order, and now I get to see what all the excitement has been about. And it's completely deserved! This is a lovely, feminine fragrance, with the round lusciousness of peach but a light perfumy note that lingers. It really is about the most perfect fragrance I can think of for a spring or summer evening. I'm definitely getting a big bottle in my next order.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I'm trying this next to a small dab of Honey Tongued Devils which may be throwing this off, but my first impression of this was that it was Gingerbaby's cousin. As it shifted down some, I began to get more out of it, but I'm posting this here right now so I have a reminder of my first impression to compare to when I have nothing else on my skin. (I always find it interesting how some perfumes can totally change the character of another perfume when tested side by side).

This one is more potent than Gingerbaby, but I'm fascinated by the similarity.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This is Silver Peach, pretty much. Not getting much by way of rhubarb or lime, and as this dries the other fruit notes seem to disappear behind the sweet stonefruit. It's pretty, and the peach is gentle, but it's still peach and therefore not really for me. But if anyone's looking for a fruity Silver, here it is.
fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver »

Bear with me, I'm attempting to do this without looking at the notes.
Wet- vanilla/musk/bubblegum. With floral?
Drying, about 5 min on- ooh, not good. Sweet, very sweet, with an undercurrent of greenery/rotting fruit. Plus powder. Ok, the wafts from a distance aren't too bad, considering, but any closer then 4inches and I start feeling nauseous. Will not be sniffing for a bit, will check in 15.
20 min in- well, not as nausea inducing, thank heavens!, but still super sweet rotting fruit/green with almost a copper smell.
I'm sorry, but, my skin chemistry wrecked this. It needs to come off.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

This is a soft peachy sort of scent. Occassionally there is some tanginess that I suspect comes from the lime and something a little floral but primarily it is a sweet peach with maybe a light vanilla. I prefer tangy peach scents but this one is pretty nice, maybe not a full bottle order but I am definitely happy with my poppette.