Fire Flakes

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Fire Flakes

Post by Petticoats »

I find that the floral note is soft and not very assertive. To me it's not as prominent as the one in Gratify & Seduce or even Gilded Cloaks. It blends with the musks beautifully. :hrt::
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I'm still on the tail-end of a cold so my nose is not 100% yet but I can still smell that this is amazing!

I only bought it because of the reviews; it was not on my short list until then. I am SO glad I gave this scent a chance! To me, it is spicy and warm and comforting. This isn't an actual spice, like cinnamon or clove, just the feeling of spice; warm and brisk and autumnal. I think that might be the camphor. The cocoa note isn't obvious to me, it just provides a rich sweetness to the blend.

I cannot pick out the floral note in this but I think it's what gives this such a well-rounded and smooth scent. I find it to be really snuggly and delicious; I love catching whiffs of it throughout the day, or a trace of it on my sweater. This is a perfect Fall fragrance! I absolutely adore it, and have been wearing it nonstop for the past few days.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

It really is "snuggly," as you say, Gemma. Out of an outstanding collection, this is one of my very favorites. It's so gorgeously feminine, like a soft mohair sweater.

ETA: I also love that Fire Flakes really has throw and lasting power. Some of my other favorites from this collection seem to die down all too quickly, but this one keeps on being gorgeous for hours.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Wow, this is wonderful. The camphor is not too strong, it comes across like cedar. The chocolate liquor fades quickly but sweetens the blend. The narcissus smells like opium & orchid mixed but it is not heavy. I purchased a poppet on my last order and kicked myself for not blind buying a bottle but I picked up a bottle on Ebay. Now I'll be able to slather! Fire Flakes is like a lighter woody version of Bpal's Event Horizon, which I also love.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Damn it. Another I wanted to like, but have to accept that my skin chemistry doesn't. I love the idea of swoony, rich florals like narcissus, and I love how they smell on other people, but on me I just start to feel suffocated by them. It takes a LONG time for Fire Flakes to settle into something wearable on me, but I fear that if I went out in public in this, I'd be getting glares like I'd just drowned myself in YSL Opium, and I'd be suffering right along with everyone. I can definitely see how this would be magnificent on others - it's a hypnotic, narcotic blend. But alas, it's not one I can pull off.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Update - There is quite a difference from my fresh froppet and my aged bottle I purchased on Ebay. The fresh Fire Flakes is far more woody with light opium & narcissus. The aged bottle is heavier musk, opium & narcissus, a trippy little scent. It does quiet down some after 20 minute however. I like it very much, as I like heady scents. You just need to think ahead and know where you will be wearing it. I would not wear a scent like this to a meeting, people may not appreciate being trapped in a room with a powerful fragrance. I you like powerful womanly scents, Fire Flakes is a scent you will love.