Beatrice

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beatrice

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Beatrice appears very slightly in The Inferno. She was a real woman (Beatrice Portinari) whom Dante met in his life and fell madly in love with. She died when she was only twenty-four. In the Inferno, she is his guide and inspiration through the gloom of Perdition. Her fragrance reflects the simple marvel of true beauty in heart and soul. The Silver base combines with five of the most beautiful musks* which Possets has. This is soft but long lasting, subtle but wraps itself around your mind. There is nothing stirring, jolting, or vulgar about Beatrice and I would say it is a hypnotic sort of a blend. *Skin musk, 2 white musks, "Crystalline" musk,and a grey musk."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
sertso
mortal
mortal

Re: Beatrice

Post by sertso »

It finally arrived and it's even more wonderful than I imagined when I posted the idea for a silver musk.

It's comforting, warm, musky and slightly sweet. It has lasted over three hours now and is just as strong as it was at first, though that is not an overwhelming kind of scent, but rather something that's almost, but not quite, in the background, very much as if it were part of my skin.

If it doesn't become permanent, I can see I'm going to have to figure out how to store enough for a lifetime, because I think this is going to become my go-to fragrance for, say, at least 5 days a week. i.e., I'm thrilled! :hrt::
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I deliberately kept this one off of my list because I knew I already had so many that I would want (and more than likely love).

And now, this one is on the list. Evil enablers. The lot of ya!

:rofl:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso »

Not just enablers, but arm twisters too! You can depend on women to help each other out this way!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

This is quite lovely, with the cool, creamy vanilla of the Silver base being my main impression. On me this is pretty steady and linear; the vanilla warms a little on my skin, but my overall impression is soft, sweet, and pretty. Those who love the Silver base (and that's pretty much all of us, right?) will adore this. It's gentle, uncomplicated, just quietly lovely.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Very, very lovely. The perfect vanilla musk. This is the sort of perfume that I could easily wear in any company and in any situation. This is a simple, pretty scent, very comfortable in it's simplicity. I think this should most certainly be added to Posset's permanent catalogue, as I can see it being the sort of scent that almost anyone could wear. A great year round scent. On me the vanilla component becomes very soft and almost fluffy when combined with the various musks. Not a ton of throw, more of a personal scent, but I find most of the silvers behave that way on me. It does seem to last well, and really doesn't morph much.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

hill78 wrote:Very, very lovely. The perfect vanilla musk. This is the sort of perfume that I could easily wear in any company and in any situation. This is a simple, pretty scent, very comfortable in it's simplicity. I think this should most certainly be added to Posset's permanent catalogue, as I can see it being the sort of scent that almost anyone could wear. A great year round scent. On me the vanilla component becomes very soft and almost fluffy when combined with the various musks. Not a ton of throw, more of a personal scent, but I find most of the silvers behave that way on me. It does seem to last well, and really doesn't morph much.
Isn't it just lovely? I gave it a solo test today and was delighted with it even more than before. I completely agree that it should be made part of the permanent catalogue; it's as much a classic as Madame X, and to me in fact it seems like a kind of sister scent to the madame.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

lalalaalalalalalalalal
I can't hear you!!
Why did I read this!!! LOL
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

samcalam wrote:lalalaalalalalalalalal
I can't hear you!!
Why did I read this!!! LOL
:rofl:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Ok I caved!!! You had me at Madam X !!! i am so weak! plus my nana was Beatrice so there!! :hrt::