Beatrice

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Beatrice

Post by Petticoats »

samcalam wrote:Ok I caved!!! You had me at Madam X !!! i am so weak! plus my nana was Beatrice so there!! :hrt::
LOL! Clearly you were meant for each other! :pumpha:

Edited to add: Looking at my earlier remarks on this thread, I find that I've used the word "lovely" about elebenty times--but it's so apt! This really is a deeply lovely fragrance.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Well I even bought the 10ml bottle because I am trusting you guys!!! :grin:
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

samcalam wrote:Well I even bought the 10ml bottle because I am trusting you guys!!! :grin:
If by some bizarre twist of fate you don't love it, I'm sure you'll find lots of folks here who'll be happy to buy it from you! I know I for one will be needing a 10ml. :halloyes:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I'm still figuring Beatrice out.

First application, I got an almost plastic note with the vanilla, which definitely scared me. This was during my cold, though, so I made myself put the bottle away until my sense of smell was back to normal. Having worn this the past two days, I am pleased to say that there is no more plastic note. Phew! Overall, I find this a pretty uncomplicated blend of vanilla musk. It reminds me of Madame X without the complexity, and maybe a splash of sugary Churpz. But, just when I think it's one dimensional, I catch a whiff of the lovely throw and think there might be more to it.

This isn't a 'wowzer' blend, like Fire Flakes. It's subtle and soft and warm and comforting. Actually, it reminds me a little of B&BW's 'warm vanilla sugar' room fragrance; both have that wonderful snuggly scent with just enough sweet vanilla to be pretty but not overwhelming.

If you're looking for something that focuses on Fabienne's wonderful musks, or something with a lot of depth, this isn't for you. If, however, you're looking for a simple blend that is guaranteed to make you feel good and comfy, Beatrice should go home with you!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I agree that this is a pretty linear blend, and I also seem to get that silvery vibe of the Silver line.

As it was drying down, I also got a faint touch of pear (like Gingerbaby without the ginger), then that shifted and I seemed to get an almost lily of the valley vibe (without the green), then it settled on a blend between the two.

It's pretty. I think it would be a good fragrance for teenage girls who aren't sure about perfume oils, or for those people who need to be in a place where low throw and something soft and delicate would be best. I get minimal throw from this one, although if I were wearing a lot of it, it might be bigger. It's uncomplicated and gentle. Delicate even.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

This is the only one of those that made the cut that I am not sure about for me and my skin chemistry.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Beatrice is that lovely silver base with more added musks, what is not to love? I missed this on my first orders, maybe because of the name. I think if it was named "Silver Musk", I would have blindly purchased a bottle. Instead I bought a sample to try because I had not read these reviews in the forum. Now I'm trying to make the sample last until my next order which is difficult because I want to wear it every day. I don't know if other people are nutty with their oils like me and change blends probably about 6 times a day. I just love them so much, I can't wear just one. I don't think I could go back to having a signature scent and wear that one scent almost daily. There is just too much goodness out there to love just one. Since I found Possets & Bpal, I will never be monogamous with my fragrances again!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Sneaky hidden silvers. *shakes fist*

Silver musk. A no-brainer for silver lovers (of which I am one). The heavenly silver base with it's creamy vanilla musk, with extra musks of the light variety. A muskier Madame X, and as delicious as you'd expect. These blends are sexy in a breezy, white frock sort of way to me, and always make divine sleeping blends. Blissful.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

An unexpected love! Beatrice has stolen my heart, just in time for Valentine's Day :heartrise:

The Silver base literally never worked on me before (and I've tried almost everything containing Silver in the name), nor do mostly musk-containing scents. But this is divine!! So soft - almost a creamy floral, but not quite. The Silver base gives it a deeper, almost smoky undertone. And so expertly blended. A must-purchase with my next order.

“In that book which is my memory,
On the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you,
Appear the words, ‘Here begins a new life’.”
― Dante Alighieri, Vita Nuova
PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine »

Ok, my attempts to weed out Possets that I would not like to own a full bottle of has backfired in a spectacular way. I am only adding to my list of "Full Bottles, Plz". Sigh.
I don't know why, but I wasn't wowed by the description of this, which is odd, as I quite like musks, and especially love vanilla with musk. So I put it on, and hot damn, do I smell fabulous!
This is so sophisticated, a devastatingly classic perfume. A grown woman would wear this, not a little girl. Someone self assured, someone elegant, and yet not an unapproachable elegance.
It reminds me like the ladylike version of BPAL's Dorian, if that makes any sense. But Beatrice is not just for comparisons, she is her own creature. A creature I'm gonna need a full bottle of.
Excuse me, I need to go swan about, pretending to be the classiest lady on the block.