Silver Vanilla

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Silver Vanilla

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: What the world has been awaiting, The famous and fabulous Possets' "silver" accord now combines with some very special vanillas (plural). One sort of vanilla is not enough, this is a combination of: plush, dry, sweet, and resinous vanillas of the most orgasmic sorts. Yes, yes yes. What more can I say? Ineffable.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
sertso
mortal
mortal

Re: Silver Vanilla

Post by sertso »

In the bottle: a bit of that "fake butter" smell I associate with theater popcorn, but which I also associate with some awfully good things Fabienne has created. So, onto the wrist.

First whiff: the buttery stuff is already fading and it's smelling like a warm, complex vanilla.

Dried down and aged a bit: here the Silver comes through.

Over time, this one ages out to be a lot like Beatrice (which I LOVE), but faintly different, and I think I almost like it better. After being on all night, it was still wonderful this morning. Obviously, I'm going to need a large quantity of this one . . . :hrt::
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Yummy! I think this has a vanilla from Seraphim in it. Not surprising, since Fabienne already mentioned that she used several vanillas. This is exactly what I wanted it to be. Very vanilla with the silver accord to make it perfume, rather than straight up foodie vanilla. If you love the silvers and you love vanilla, then you must certainly try this one!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Oh. Yes. This is scrumptious. Silver Vanilla has just unseated Reason on the vanilla throne, as far as I'm concerned! I too get the initial buttery note hill78 describes, and then it recedes to give way to a kind of rich vanilla that is deliciously reminiscent of Morgan (<pause to shed a tear for this vanished beauty>). The Silver base makes this less foody than Morgan, and the overall effect is a touch sweeter too, mmm.

Orgasmic? Yes ma'am. :debbil:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
willworkforvanilla
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by willworkforvanilla »

This is the good stuff. So so glad I got the 5ml instead of the decant. This is a sure win for me.

Buttery vanilla at first sniff from the bottle.

On my skin it takes a bit for the lovely "silver" thing to show up. When it does. It's heaven.

This is a grown up vanilla smell for all vanilla lovers who want foodie...but not so foodie :tong: It does put into mind vanilla bean and something vanilla baked. At first it smelled very much like a straight up cupcake. A few hours into it the silver is keeping the foodie notes at bay. Occasionally the silver is throwing off a bit of a bitter note at the very top of the scent. It comes and goes and isn't unpleasant in the least. Also occasionally (and maybe my nose is broken) I keep picking up something that puts me in mind of smoke?

This is just a very wearable, pretty vanilla. Very vanilla and very beautiful.

I'm in love and I am hoping that we see this make GC as I am sure I will need more bottles.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I'm copying my review from the main thread in case others want my initial thoughts on how this worked for me straight from the mail box (and who maybe aren't reading the main thread).
Silver Vanilla in the bottle is instant happy sigh. I struggled with getting this one because I felt it was going to be a no-brainer voted in, but I'm not sure if it will be due to how it seems others are voting--which is one reason (especially now that I've sniffed it) that I am very glad I snagged a bottle. At first sniff, this reminds me of Reason but softened and smoothed by that silver base. Oh my. Lovely. On my skin it becomes everything silver vanilla should and could be. I get that lovely silver base, a nice rounding of vanilla (from soft and sweet to a bit more dry and austere). This isn't as candied as I was expecting (which makes me happy, because it's sweet enough as it is), and I love the vanilla wood depth this seems to have. There is also something to this one that reminds me of the deeply loved and dearly departed Perpetual Motion Machine. Even though this comes across as sweet and femme, on the right guy this would be absolutely devastating. Oh my. I literally just licked my lips thinking about it. Yep. This is instant happiness. A grown up vanilla perfume with an indie edge and one that is also completely snuggleable and sweet.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

Okay, I admit that I am not a big fan of the Silver base. It's heavy and cloying.

Silver Vanilla made me a believer. This is glorious: billowing clouds of a non-foody orchid vanilla. This is lush and feminine. There's an undertone of a woodiness to the scent that does remind me of the discontinued Perpetual Motion Machine, which adds a lovely depth underneath the gauzy cloudy orchid vanilla smell.

This doesn't change as it drys down for me. Big throw. I like the throw (more marshmallowy) more than the up-close sniff (the more woody PMM-esque portion). Long lasting. Not sure it gets more feminine than this.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
puck nc
a spark
a spark

Post by puck nc »

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: It's the Possets Silver. It's vanilla. Sounds like a match made in heaven. I love a number of the Silver line and wear them regularly.

In the Bottle: Definitely the same rich butter impression that others describe.

Wet: The butter vanishes, replaced by a rich vanilla.

Drydown: The vanilla backs off and blends with the gently musky Silver, producing an elegant scent that makes me feel sexy and strong at the same time.

Verdict: And we have yet another winner in the Silvers!
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

Ok on me it smells exactly like Angel Food cake batter. It stays Angel Food for 2 hrs and then it morphs into a deep, fresh vanilla pod scent. I can't really decide if I like it or I don't to be honest. I don't usually opt to smell like foodie scents so it's very odd for me. The silver note can be too sweet for me, it reminds me of when I was a kid and I would puff the powdered sugar bag and inhale the sweet reside in the air. It leaves me confused so my review is ambiguous which I apologize for, but since people are still in decision mode before Paradise disappears I thought I would add my experience. Sorry it's just not terrible insightful, unless you like angel food, then it is.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I have been wearing Silver Vanilla all morning, (another wonderful freebie from my order) and I can't believe how long this is lasting. I find vanillas and most foodies usually don't hang on this long. I am looking forward to my order with Silver Sandalwood in it. I think I still like Wings of an Angel better than Silver Vanilla but I'll have to do a side by side comparison or I could just buy this one for my daughter. She seems to "borrow" my vanilla scents so maybe I'll just get her a bottle and avoid the fact that the bottles never return.