The Damned Flower

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: The Damned Flower

Post by Petticoats » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Maya wrote: ...people are going to want to hug you, be around you, and maybe even possibly sit on you to keep you still so they can just sniff you.
This is just one of the reasons I love your reviews, Maya. :hrt::

I'm so glad to get your take on The Damned Flower. It mystifies me, but it is utterly beautiful in its mystery.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Petticoats wrote:
Maya wrote: ...people are going to want to hug you, be around you, and maybe even possibly sit on you to keep you still so they can just sniff you.
This is just one of the reasons I love your reviews, Maya. :hrt::

I'm so glad to get your take on The Damned Flower. It mystifies me, but it is utterly beautiful in its mystery.

That's one of the reasons I love her reviews too. :rofl:

lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Surprise frossette of win! Preconceived notions were that this would be a pleasant, but maybe run of the mill floral. Myrtle might be one of my new fave notes because I think that's what intrigues me about this scent and sets it apart from most flower scents. Nice!

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Iris and Violet are the first flowers I was able to enjoy in perfumes. When I was younger, I thought myself a total floral hater. The Damned Flower is fresh and blue. I think I pick up a bit of violet leaf along with the iris and orris. The musk is clean smelling, probably a white or crystal type musk. Since Dior has reformulated Fahreheit, I might purchase a bottle of The Damned Flower to blend with a leather fragrance so I can get something more like the 80's version of Fahrenheit, which I miss greatly. Now, to find a great leather, wood and resin fragrance to layer it with! The Damned Flower has tremendous sillage and longevity. It is quite beautiful alone but too classy for me. I am more of a jeans and boots kind of girl. If I added up my jeans and pairs of boots (of all kinds), it wouldn't be as many as the number of my bottles of oils but it's still a crazy amount. I rarely do the little black dress anymore and I do have fragrances for that so I am looking forward to the search for the ultimate leather scent to blend with The Damned Flower because I think it will be spectacular.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:25 am

sillageslut wrote:I might purchase a bottle of The Damned Flower to blend with a leather fragrance so I can get something more like the 80's version of Fahrenheit, which I miss greatly.
Interesting. I never got anything that would lean Fahrenheit for me, but whoa as soon as you said mixing leather with this one I was IN. I can see that being amazing. I have a couple of leather fragrances that I am now thinking of pairing with this to see what happens.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 am

Maya wrote:
sillageslut wrote:I might purchase a bottle of The Damned Flower to blend with a leather fragrance so I can get something more like the 80's version of Fahrenheit, which I miss greatly.
Interesting. I never got anything that would lean Fahrenheit for me, but whoa as soon as you said mixing leather with this one I was IN. I can see that being amazing. I have a couple of leather fragrances that I am now thinking of pairing with this to see what happens.
This was probably 12 - 15 years ago and I might be mistaken but before Dior reformulated Fahrenheit, it came across as iris, violet leaf, leather & carnation (on my skin). I think if I could find a great leather, carnation and vetiver fragrance it would be amazing with The Damned Flower.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 pm

It took me a few minutes to smell anything; I was afraid I might be anosmic to the scent. A strange analogy, but this scent makes me FEEL the same way as Chanel No 19 EDT! It doesn't smell the same to be sure - this is more feminine and less of a statement piece - but the iris has the same cold vibe. I think I like it!

sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Post by sakecat22 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm a sucker for a good iris perfume. This one is absolutely lovely. As Maya pointed out, a bit different and more powdery on direct wrist sniff. The sillage is this beautiful iris violet, very slight hint of honey powder thing that is super pretty. I am soooo ready for spring.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:28 pm

I wore this again yesterday (I was feeling springy), after not wearing it for a while. Whoa! It's even more amazing now. Deep, rich, gorgeous. The iris has gotten a little thicker, less powdery, and this stayed with me for over 8 hours wafting gently around me and making me feel so lovely.

This feels a bit more syrupy now--as if all of the iris were concentrated. It's not any sweeter, but it feels much thicker and more heady. Having said that, it wasn't overwhelming or gross. It's just what it was, but more so. Perfectly wonderful for a gorgeous spring day, and yet also really deserving of so much more. I think this is probably one of the best florals for floral haters that I can think of. Beautiful. Just beautiful.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

The Damned Flower

Post by marisaviola » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:31 pm

This is a beautiful fragrance that I wore for the first time today. I can't improve upon the previous fabulous reviews, I think they say it all in terms of notes and development. I will just give my own frame of reference and experience wearing it. I am an iris perfume lover and I also love Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver, Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens, and Infusion d'Iris by Prada. I love the violet-like fragrance of orris root. When I smelled this in the froppet, I thought I could smell the iris and some green aspects but also a sweetness that seemed rather a sugared musk. I thought it might be a bit too sweet for me, but when I put it on, once it dried down, it began to develop into the fresh iris note that others have mentioned, with the orris root lending a violet scent to the perfume. It began drying down to a more powdery note after a couple of hours. The powder aspect to me smells of violets and not a baby powder type scent. I find this perfume delicate and classic, and really appreciate trying it. I might have to do a full bottle of this one!