The Moon

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: The Moon

Post by hill78 »

Retrying this one today. I didn't want to give up on it, since it has garnered so much love. I think the trick was that my skin, and my nose, just wanted me to apply with a heavier hand than I had when testing previously. On me this is a softly sweet, innocent, comforting scent. It is much more present since I wasn't so light-handed. It's the sort of thing I can see myself wearing when I am around kids or other adults who might be sensitive about heavy perfumes. It is soft, and plush, and very inoffensive. I actually am enjoying it quite a lot this application. Very pretty. May even upgrade to a bigger bottle with my Valentines scents once they come 'round.
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

Ethereal describes this wonderfully. I was afraid the white musks would make it strident, but it's got a very light touch and feels clean without being soapy. The beeswax give it a warm, glowing quality. So very pretty.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

The Moon is much stronger & floral than I expected. This is a very "plays well with others" kind of scent. The floral is probably a white floral like lily of the valley or tuberose possibly freesia. It does not quite get to the fabric softener type smell but it is clean, cuddly & slightly powdery. However if my sheets smelled like this I wouldn't get out of bed. I think I will really like this layered with a little more vanilla.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Yup, this is Capital F Floral. I really dislike the wet phase of this one - it's shriekingly high-pitched and perfumey and verges on giving me a headache. Thankfully as it dries that intro fades away and the warmer musk notes usher the white florals into comfort-scent territory. It's creamy and soft, however the longer this is on the more fierce the sillage becomes. It's pretty, but not my kind of thing. I agree with Sillageslut, this would be delightful if my bed linen smelled (lightly) of it, but on my skin? Not so keen.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

On me, this smells like lotion - very creamy and comforting, but not much depth to it. Not sure I need a full bottle of this, but we'll see! I agree that it might serve well around people who are sensitive to perfumes.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

:hrt:: oh my this is just heavenly.

This is like the perfect perfume thing, the one that I would just love to wear everyday if I wasn't such a psychopath that had to have a different perfume every five minutes.
It's musky, flowery, with a lovely high pitched note that is not annoying.
Creamy too, almost like coconut.

This came as a sample with my Yules, surely needs to be a bottle.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

This is beautiful and it's been interesting to try because I am not normally a musk type person. However, I love several of Fabienne's creations of this sort, including Madame X. This is very hard for me to describe. I think one of the reviews (I think by Narcisse) said it beautifully "It is a very ethereal scent like a loving spirit hovering around you." It's amazed me how much sillage there is considering how soft a fragrance it is. I did reapply it twice in the course of the day, and it's not offensively loud when I slather it on, but it also lasts amazingly in a cloud around me. I unfortunately lost the rest of the froppet when I applied it the second time, as it flew out of my hand straight into Never-Neverland, but by that time, I had tried it twice and had a tiny portion left in the vial. I do detect the warm beeswax note, and love that. I also can detect something very creamy and while wet I could detect a slight floral note, but what floral I could not say. At the final drydown there was a very slight vanilla note blended with the creaminess that has lingered on my skin.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I could swear I've heard the word emollient used to describe perfume before, but I can't seem to find any reference to it in a quick search...but that's the word I want to use to describe this. It reminds me of lotion. It smells like an old-fashioned floral, no beeswax to my nose, but it is kind of sweet. It's actually a little too intense and Victorian for my tastes; it seems to have a powerful throw.
PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine »

Ahhh.
This perfume is a delicate, soft, lovely thing. Subtle without being shrinking, present without being overwhelming.
I float around in a cloud of serene loveliness when I'm wearing this. Its just perfect.