Chocolate Incense

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Chocolate Incense

Post by Boudicca »

Posssets description:No Valentine's Day would be complete without a foolish amount of chocolate! But this is the kind you can wear, a drug for your nose and an indulgence for your psyche. Sandalwood, amber, frankincense bring out the smokey tease in chocolate which you probably had no idea was there. Downright narcotic, it's so sensuous.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Boudicca

Re: Chocolate Incense

Post by Boudicca »

First, I have to apologize. I originally, mistakenly, screwed up-a-ly, posted the description for Bouquet in the Snow twice, here being the second time. I was in a rush trying to get all the descriptions up. OK, fixed now :)

Now a disclaimer to follow the apology: Very first test here, travel shock, etc., but I like to share ASAP because I know some people delay orders just waiting to hear a little more about a fragrance.

ANYWAY.
I think I have found my fav chocolate scent ever, and I have quite a few. It's chocolate without being foody (please don't ask me how that works). The chocolate/amber combo is divine!

Love it! I'll probably be voting for this one.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Do you have any perfumes you can compare it to? I'm trying to wrap my brain around the smoky tease aspect. Does it come across as smoky? Soft and warm? Incensy? So curious.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I'm not getting smoke at this time. Two beautiful words: chocolate amber.
Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime »

In the bottle this is bright foody chocolate. it reminds me of glee only less powdery (this one is not powdery at all).this is very much a signature posset.

after a minute or two I can smell the amber now. there is nothing foody about this anymore. The chocolate is just a suggestion with a very soft ambery scent and a barely there resinous edge, and there is definitely something smokey in the final dry down ( it is soft and warm and "dry"). I know I had a lot of "barely there" in my description, but somehow I am not sure how to describe it. Its glee, but not powdery, less chocolate, with a smokey scent mixed in.

about that "smokey' thing. It is more obvious if you slater this on. I don't smell it if I put only a little bit.

Not what I expected but very very beautiful.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I love this one! Milk chocolate and incense. Very good indeed.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

It's weird, quite a few Possets that others find smokey aren't for me, or it takes quite a few wearing before the smoke will be there for me.
Last I tried, this was still mostly chocolate-amber on me, though I think I was beginning to get some smoke/incense.
I do really like it though!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This is win. When I first put it on, it fought my skin and about 10 minutes in almost made me think it was going to go poopy gross old chocolate. After about 1/2 hour of resolving, the amber started to rise along with the incense. This is a happy!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

wow I really love this one, even my little daughter wanted to know what perfume I was wearing~
this smells a bit like Black Pheonix's Boomslang to me, but has more staying power and depth. Winner. Thinking about a 10 ml bottle of this one.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

This is being upgraded to a big bottle as we speak. Wonderful. A perfect balance of warm woods, sweet chocolate, and gorgeous amber. I think the amber has a vanilla quality, because my nose is reading vanilla somewhere. I definitely get the boomslang association, but this is actually better to my nose. Just awesome. Stays relatively close to the skin, not a huge amount of throw, which is fine with me because I think if you walk around broadcasting a fragrance like this you are going to be mauled (in a good way).