Chocolate Incense

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Re: Chocolate Incense

Post by Narcisse »

This is another scent that when first applied went all baby spit up on me, it luckily didn't happen to me today. It stings me a bit when I put it on like BPAL's Chintamani Dupti (probably misspelled)did so there might be an asian conifer in this, actually it does sort of remind me of Christmas trees and chocolate. I think there may be some incense overlap with some from Holy, Holy, Holy, but with the chocolate mixed in you can't pick out the specific incense. Chocolate scents almost always turn on me and go dirty old man, but this one stayed like Valrhona chocolate being melted on the stove while someone is mixing incense in the room. I don't get any smoke at the moment, it may change though it's still fresh from shipping. It does have a richness that is very much like in deep vanilla and its lovely but it just doesn't seduce me perhaps it will later on, maybe it's just being coy!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

This is a sexier Glee to me - a similiar woody (sandalwood?) chocolate with an aspect of smooth creamy vanilla (milk chocolate rather than dark chocolate) to it - plus lovely amber. It doesn't read as smoky/burning incense to me, but the spiciness and exotic feel of amber and unburnt incense. Dries down to a more vanilla with an aura of a milk chocolate and amber scent. If Glee works on you, then this probably will.

ETA: after a couple of wearings, I have to say I am disappointed in the longevity of this one. Even on clothing, it's gone an an hour.
Last edited by gypsyjolie on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

gypsyjolie wrote:If Glee works on you, then this probably will.
And, I'll add, that even if Glee doesn't work on you, this may. LOL I didn't have a good result with glee, but this one works for me. Yay!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Wearing this again today... I will be beyond disappointed if this one doesn't go permanent. Which means I should probably just order a big bottle now.
When I first applied this today I was getting chocolate like in chocolate syrup. It's so good. Then it moves into the amber and incense and it's to die for.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

The opening is a rich dark chocolate which is nice, but the it's the drydown that blew me away. It took on a sweet, slightly rough and dry quality that I associate with blends that have coconut husk (like BPAL's So Below). Since there's no coconut, this must be one of the resins and I wish I knew which one so I could buy up other blends with that note! Love this one.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I don't have a good track record with Possets chocolate, but thought I'd give this one a whirl after reading other reviews. Ahhh... nope. It starts off promising, the chocolate getting nicely dry with the sandalwood's help, a slight spicy edge taking it somewhere pretty darn good. Then as it dries, it gets gooey, then starts turning into plastic, and everything that was promising about it has gone. I don't know what it is about Possets chocolate that my skin can't deal with (I have other chocolate/amber/resin/woods/spice blends from other indy perfumers and I can wear them just fine), but it seems that even with different types of chocolate, it's a no-go.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

I got this as a freebie. Sadly it didn't work so well. In the vial I get chocolate for sure but also with a hint of resin. On me.. all chocolate. And not like a nice dark chocolate but like powdered hot chocolate. Then it got more sickly and sweet as time went on. *sighs* I was really hoping for the sandalwood and frankincense to take over. Oh well, off to the swap bin.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Mmm!, this works really well for me! It starts off all choclate, a rich, yummy, true chocolate. The chocolate never leaves, but lightens and blends with the other notes. It does not seem "incense" , at least not a smoking incense, but I do get enough of the sandalwood and a bit of frank to make me happy. Lovely!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Got this as a frossette in my last order. I never would have picked it (chocolate, "incense" and sandalwood are usually on my nope list), and I put it in the box, until the day I wore my Leda and the Swan. Leda is definitely a novelty scent, something for the odd day when I'm in the mood for bold strawberry. (It's a lot like the Spiritual Sky perfume oils I used to buy as a teen.) It has a nice hippieish vibe, and I started thinking, Chocolate Incense might be a nice complement! And it's great! Smooth milky chocolate tempered with a whiff of resinous incense that reminds me of the stuff I get in the Nepalese shop. Again, not something for every day, but for when I'm feeling playful.

Now I'm becoming curious about all the chocolate scents I've avoided, and incense, too. Fabienne's got plenty of chocolate so that will probably be my next kick!