Dance With Me

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Dance With Me

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: A classy variation of everyone's favorite lavender vanilla but substituting grapefruit for lavender and under-girding it with white musk. Enchantingly innocent but with loads of guile.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dance With Me

Post by Maya »

Instant, instant, happiness. I literally find myself closing my eyes and smiling every time I sniff this. It's the perfect happy blend of grapefuit (like in Empyrean--both sweet and tart) and soft sweet vanilla. So love. So. Love.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I agree with Maya. Happiness in a bottle. A perfectly lovely blend of bitter citrus (but not too bitter) and sweet vanilla. Lovely and round and sunny. I may be slightly biased because I am hooked on grapefruit lately. Texas has the most wonderful rub reds EVER and I have a slight addiction. I have also developed a bit of an addiction to San Pellegrino grapefruit. So, yeah. That said, I think that the balance here is perfect and citrus/vanilla lovers should rejoice in this one!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Wearing this again this evening. Wishing I had gone ahead and added a 10ml to the order I made on Friday. I love this in every stage.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

hill78 wrote:I love this in every stage.
This.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Shirel
a spark
a spark

Post by Shirel »

I tried this totally fresh from the post office but it is still exactly as it says on the bottle! A nice base of vanilla with grapefruit on top.

The vanilla in this is kind of sweet-fresh and not milky/creamy and it really sweetens out the grapefruit nicely. The grapefruit is most definatly of the yellow type (pink and yellow grapefruit smell a bit different to me) and starts out as a balance of both the fruit itself and the rind but it leans more towards the fruit the more it's on my skin.

After about two hours it becomes a very nice fresh and clean smell on my skin, not exact like soap, but still a nice cleaness.

The throw for this isn't very strong but it does last for at least 4-5 hours. I'm now reviewing this the day after wearing and if I sniff my wrists I can still smell the hints of vanilla on my skin. I'm not sure how this will age with the citrus top note, but for now I know his will be a great summer scent ^_^

Scents I can compare it too are Gobo from BPAL (Tangerine, lemon peel, sugared pink grapefruit, and vanilla cream.) if it was just grapefruit based and BPALs Yellow Snow (Slushy white mint, vanilla cream, lemon drops, grapefruit, and yuzu!) but again, much clearer and with a more concentrated type of citrus rather then a selction of them.
ImageImage
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

It starts off with an astringent grapefruit note, but then it's quickly filled in with a vanilla note that I would put more in the french vanilla genre. I do like it very much, occasionally I get a sharp grapefruit note that is a little ammonia like, but it's very fleeting and will most likely wear off once the perfume has settled. I wear a mango, yuzu, vanilla, vanilla musk scent often in the summer that I make myself and this is very similar, so I think it would make a great warm weather blend. I don't know that I really believe warm weather will come this way again after these last few months so now it's just kind of malicious taunting.
Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime »

In a bottle this a very true grapefruit note. Nothing plasticity. very pleasant.

On skin, it immediately gives stage to vanilla. Exactly what it says on the tin - a mixture of vanilla and grapefruit.

Except on me this is very artificial/candied once its on my skin, and "matte" instead of 'crystal' (not sure how to explain), just the general impression. Stays close to the skin and doesn't last much, unfortunately.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Simple can be a wonderful thing when done well, and that's what this blend is. The fresh, true, just-cut grapefruit opener is wonderful. This is the loveliest, truest grapefruit I've ever smelled. Sweet and tart and just so pleasing, and not sharp like grapefruit notes can sometimes be. The vanilla musk makes its gradual entrance and the grapefruit fades a little, but doesn't leave entirely which is a good thing. I want that grapefruit to stay.

This is indeed happiness in a bottle. It's such a pretty, carefree, cheerful blend, and makes me want to go frolick in a garden.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Love this!! It is very similar to Diamond from the Spring 2015 collection, which is not surprising given that two of the ingredients are the same. I actually like this more.

When I first put this on, it smelled like lemon meringue pie! As it settled, that is when I started smelling the individual ingredients: grapefruit and vanilla. So, so lovely. Happiness in a bottle indeed.