Wings of an Angel

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Wings of an Angel

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: Another beauty I have been mourning is The Scent of Angels. Rather than just let it fade, I decided to take this one back and put it onto the next level. This is the evolution of the much loved Scent of Angels, and I think that in many ways it is superior. Hawthorn, white musk, a touch of ethereal mintiness, gorgeous regal vanilla Bourbon. An instant classic.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Wings of an Angel

Post by hill78 »

Lovely bourbon vanilla with a hint of muskiness. I don't get much mintiness, which I am fine with, as I have already filled the mint-vanilla niche fairly well. I think this one is, indeed, an instant classic. Anyone who loves Fabienne's hand with vanilla needs to try this one!
sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso »

I agree that this should be an instant classic. If anythng, I like it better than the original Scent. It would have fit equally well in the Paradise collection . . . And I don't get the mint scent at all.

Now to run off and put on some more . . .

:angel:
Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime »

I like it better than the original.
This is airier and less heavy on the musk. The original scent of angel was baby powder , vanilla/musk on me.

This one is boozy light vanilla, sweet without being cloying, very soft. It doesn't morph much, but the bad part is that while scent of angels hung around forever, this one is gone within minutes =(

No hint of mint.
Last edited by Chime on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I never smelled the original, but in my patch test today I swooned over this. So soft and ethereal, and not really minty, which is a relief. Truly blissful. This would be a heavenly (tee hee) bedtime fragrance.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl »

I like it. :) Very soft and simple. While it's wet it somewhat reminds me of marzipan. I don't really get mint as others have said. As it dries down it smells like a light perfumey vanilla. But like I said, it's very soft. You can't smell it after about 30 minutes unless you smell the skin it was applied to directly.

Alright, nevermind. XD So if you slather it on, it really amps the scent. It's actually kind of overwhelming now and made me feel a bit nauseated. Smells more plasticky. So I don't recommend slathering it on. XP
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

I agree with the posters here. I don't get much of the mint. I would actually say that it is very similar to Silver Vanilla just without the Silver base. It is a great scent, but it did not last very long on my skin.
birthdaycake
a spark
a spark

Post by birthdaycake »

This is beautiful! It is a little sweeter than the original, with the same airy quality. Both scents have a soft marzipan note (I think this is the hawthorn?). For those who know and love the Scent of Angels, this recreation should make you very happy. Big thank you to Fabienne for taking the time to recreate this classic scent.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I usually go for more resin/vanilla blends but this was a wonderful freebie with my order. Now I will need a full bottle. Who knew I loved hawthorn, just enough to give the vanilla a more than just vanilla scent. The barely there mint just gives it the airy ethereal feel, without it this would be a different scent. So nice.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I'm doing a side-by-side comparison here with my beloved Scent Of An Angel, and to my nose they're really quite different. Like others, I don't get mint with Wings. It goes on with a slight sharpness that I really like, but that vanishes as it dries and up comes a soft marzipan. I'm almost suspicious that there might be skin musk lurking here as there's a threat of plastic happening, but so far so good, that seems to be subsiding. After a while the marzipan is very very soft as the musk comes through. Very gentle and pretty.

Scent Of An Angel is a soft, sweet, airy vanilla musk floral - a relative of Madame X and the Silvers. Wings, on the other hand, is soft vanilla marzipan, and a warmer scent on my skin. Scent Of An Angel remains my favourite of the two (it's so damn euphoric), but I like Wings too. Since Fabienne (the scent) failed so completely on me, Wings will be my marzipan scent.