Gelato: Fiore de Latte

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Gelato: Fiore de Latte

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
The name means "the flower of milk" or the very most essence of that divine drink. Again Possets explores cream but this time in a lighter yet highly lingering way. Such fun. Cream and a dash of salt, perhaps a bit of tuberose finds its way in here, Sugar. Ahhh, just grand summer delight.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Gelato: Fiore de Latte

Post by Gale »

In the bottle this is buttery milk with that cool, creamy note I have noticed in all of the gelato scents I've tried so far.

Dry, the buttery note is less strong (a lot of milk scents can be heavy on the butter). This dries down to a gorgeous skin scent that's sweet and warm. I didn't get any kind of floral note with this one, even though Fabienne mentions tuberose.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Gale wrote:This dries down to a gorgeous skin scent that's sweet and warm. I didn't get any kind of floral note with this one, even though Fabienne mentions tuberose.
Mmmmm sweet and warm skin scent? I'm hooked. This was on my "Do I, Don't I," list. But I think it just moved over to want lol.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This is a very creamed cereal type essence to me. It's not quite wheat, but there seems to be a toasted quality for me to this mixed with a touch of baby milk breath. As it dries down, it does go cuddly skin scent and the baby milk breath goes away and it becomes that soft cereal quality with cream. I admit, this is closer to what I was expecting from the rice influenced one. I also do not get any flower from this one at all (tuberose or otherwise) but I have been enjoying this one all night. I do enjoy a good wheat/bread influenced perfume, and this reminds me (maybe not in fragrance but in tone) of Jeux de Peux (without the touch of sweet) and Bois Farine. Very enjoyable and easy to wear if you are interested in perfumes that take bents outside of the fruits/florals/orientals/spices.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!