Gelato: Vaniglia

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Gelato: Vaniglia

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
...as only Possets can do it. It is possible to have vanilla as a top, middle, and bottom note. I just did it. It is just a halo of vanilla as I have tasted it among the best of gelatos. Mmmmm. Vanilla was never so concentrated and so pure.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Gelato: Vaniglia

Post by Gale »

Vanilla! No butter, just vanilla with that cool, creamy gelato note.

This is so beautiful! It isn't foody or heavy, but it is undeniably vanilla. This smells like no other vanilla scent I own--and I have a vast collection of vanillas!

The throw is medium I'd say, and like the other gelatos, it lasts for hours.

This is utterly unique and utterly lovely!
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

To my nose, it is a food vanilla. All my coworkers stated that I smell like dessert. It is a very unique vanilla. Completely different than all the of other vanillas that I have tried. I absolutely adore this and I'm so glad that I purchased it.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Yes, vanilla! It took quite a while for the gelato note to come out for me. Makes me think more of some sort of vanilla baked good at times. A must for vanilla lovers, different enough from other vanillas that you will want this one in your collection. Very decent throw. Still going strong after 6.5 - 7 hrs, no touch ups. I don't think a decant will be enough.... Then again, a little is going a long ways.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Wow, this is not the vanilla I was expecting. I was expecting Bpal's Love's Philosophy but better, of course. Gelato Vaniglia has some spice. I was wearing Arcturus earlier, then my package arrived, so I put Vaniglia on over top. I hope the spice if from Vaniglia, I like the spice. It is just a dusting of cinnamon & nutmeg I think. I am still waiting for the "gelato note", but if it doesn't come, I'm quite happy without it. Is the gelato note like Cream? This stuff is a real hanger on for a vanilla based scent and the sillage is amazing too.

ETA - I'm still waiting for that cool creamy vanilla. I double checked my bottle and it definitely say "Gelato Vaniglia". I am still getting wonderful strong buttery, spicey (cardamon?) vanilla and I'm glad that it did not cool to my skin. I can see wearing this often in the coming cooler months.
Last edited by sillageslut on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I put this on and sat down next to my son. He started sniffing and I held out my wrist. "Huh, I was hoping it was something edible. All that perfume does is disappoint me."
cordelia blythe
mortal
mortal

Post by cordelia blythe »

:rofl: poor kid.I think hubby will like this scent on me then,he loves it when i smell like food :grin:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:I put this on and sat down next to my son. He started sniffing and I held out my wrist. "Huh, I was hoping it was something edible. All that perfume does is disappoint me."

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This is spiced vanilla all the way. No idea what the "gelato note" is, this is just lots of vanilla with that slight "fruity" note that some vanillas do on me, and spices keeping it all very foody without being overly sweet. Nice.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I love the smell of this so much, it is absolutely the perfect vanilla. Tragically though, I am skin sensitive to it...sob :cry: :cuss: :cry:
I put it in a scent locket though and it is amazing. It's also AWESOME in an oil burner. I will surely be getting more of this one...