Gelato: Vaniglia

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Gelato: Vaniglia

Post by katiushka »

Delivers on what it promises - vanilla ice cream! I didn't put that much on, so not much sillage. A crowd-pleaser for sure! My mom asked me "what that delicious smell is" and started sniffing me to see where the scent was coming from.
ltrittipoe
a spark
a spark

Post by ltrittipoe »

This is a stunning, complex vanilla on my skin - definitely a cool smell, vanilla ice cream! But this is spicy vanilla ice cream, like there is cinnamon cookies on the side (those little fan shaped cookies, I have no idea what they are called?) - but I get a definite spice from this. So delicious smelling it makes me crave ice cream!
anaengel
a spark
a spark

Post by anaengel »

This is a frossette that I received in my very first order. I've worn this a couple times and each time has been different.
Each time has had a very strong vanilla feel on it. Sometimes I get burn from cinnamon but other times I don't. When I don't, I get more of a nutmeg cookie scent. It normally dries down to a soft cream scent on me with a faint fleck of vanilla beans.
I do like this layered with some other scents I have.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

anaengel wrote:This is a frossette that I received in my very first order. I've worn this a couple times and each time has been different.
Each time has had a very strong vanilla feel on it. Sometimes I get burn from cinnamon but other times I don't. When I don't, I get more of a nutmeg cookie scent. It normally dries down to a soft cream scent on me with a faint fleck of vanilla beans.
I do like this layered with some other scents I have.
I thought Gelato - Vaniglia was one of the winners that made it to the Permanent Possets?
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

sillageslut wrote:I thought Gelato - Vaniglia was one of the winners that made it to the Permanent Possets?
You are correct. I just checked and none of the permanents from that collection made it over to the permanents. I just remedied that for us all. :)
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Coworker: Are you eating something?
Me: No....
Coworker: Something smells like birthday cake!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Post by sakecat22 »

Vanilla, cinnamon, and the cream note that sadly doesn't play nicely with my skin. I am really amping the spices on this one - which I wouldn't mind, but the cream note tends to go bitter and sour on my skin, and it did it here as well. :cry:
Too bad. I love cinnamon and vanilla.
fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver »

This isn't working on me. Not getting any vanilla, and the spot I applied is itching like crazy. Time for benadryl
noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 »

I agree with Sakecat22. Did not smell like vanilla to me,burnt butter and plastic perhaps,very overpowering,although it is mellowing slightly. I have found they all smell so different after they have been allowed to sit for a few days like Maya says. I will definately not jump the gun next time,alot of them have changed for the better. I love the way vanilla is done in queen of Sheba and silver vanilla ,scrummy.
Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena »

This is the world's most perfect vanilla. A bit buttery, full of cream and sugar; it's divine. I want to bathe either in this or in melted vanilla gelato!!! This is my favorite out of the vanilla sampler. I must get a bottle.