Prestidigitazione

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Prestidigitazione

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
The word means magic in Italian. Black fig, thick nag champa, black coconut, black smooth balm-like labdanum. Comforting sex here, very summery but heavy and dark as black magic itself. The opening is all sweetness and then it cuddles down to a sexy dark love sauce. The complexity of fig is brought to the fore here.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Prestidigitazione

Post by Petticoats »

In bottle, beautiful! I’m really getting the fig and coconut. Lush.

Wet on skin, sweet in a dark, sexy way. But not too dark for summer, more of a mellowness. The notes are so gorgeously balanced, as in Mafia. I love the subtle fruitiness/gourmand quality.

After half an hour or so the nag champa edges forward just a little. The coconut is subtle; later it emerges a little more to sweeten and brighten things. But those are kind of momentary impressions; after an hour or so, everything's harmonizing to the point that I can't pick out notes and am just enjoying the beauty.

Fabienne's description is so right. This is wonderful. From the description I suspected it would be my favorite from this collection, and it’s off to a good start!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

This is lovely. I limited myself to two bottles, initially, from this collection and should have made that two 10 ml bottles.
Right out of the mailbox Saturday I was mainly getting the coconut. Yesterday that beautiful fig came out. Don't think I can add much to Fabienne's description and Petticoat's review just yet. Lush. Decent throw. You should really try this.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Is the fig stronger than the coconut after awhile? I love fig notes.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Atropos wrote:Is the fig stronger than the coconut after awhile? I love fig notes.
Yes, the fig is very present, every bit as much as the coconut. It's gorgeous.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

This scent is almost like an aura; it hovers close to the skin and glows. It has a rounded sweetness that melds with my body chemistry beautifully. I wish it had a bit more throw, but it's so pretty I forgive it.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I can usually imagine how a scent will smell based on the notes in the description, however with Prestidigitazione, I had a hard time because it really depended on how much of each note was in the blend. When first applied, I get fig (fruit) and labdanum, quickly the fig (leaf) green blesses the scent. The coconut and nag champa emerges and the green dissipates somewhat. Eventually Prestidigitazione dries down to a very pretty fruity floral with that lovely figgy greenness and without much coconut or nag champa other than giving it some grounding. The sillage (throw) is average for this type of scent and so is the longevity. I do not find it dark, but I think I have a different idea of what a dark fragrance is than most people but the magic is definitely there. I can see this scent getting a lot of votes, but if it does not make it to the permanent catalog, I am very glad to have a bottle.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Both fig offerings in this collection are delightful. Prestidigitazione is mostly fig, with a touch of labdenum and nag. I don't really get much by way of coconut, which I'm actually pleased about as it was the coconut that made me wary of getting a blind bottle. The is a reigned-in, much more tamed fig blend than Scylla, with the labdenum becoming more pronounced over time. Very nice!
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

This is just so stunning- thank you all for voting it to the permanents! This was a sample vial sweetly tucked in to my order. The first note I got was the nag champa which takes a back row to the fig and black coconut. The blend is delightful, even though I am more of a fan of the heavy resins and woods. (The nag champa is pretty delicate here, although definitely present.) It is sweet, but not overpoweringly so. This is on the "buy bottle" list!
mes
a spark
a spark

Post by mes »

This fig-lover has found a sparkling keeper! Coconut is low and luscious -- I LIKE coconut, but wanted the fig and got it here in the perfect dose. Thanks!