Sicily

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Sicily

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
All the lovely things you would associate with Sicily: oranges, pepper, lemons, the sea, musk, and passion.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Re: Sicily

Post by lizbet »

I was expecting this to be very piquant due to the acidity of the citrus and the spiciness of the pepper, but it surprised me (in a pleasant way!) It's got a distinct airiness or breeziness to it which boggled my mind until I reread the notes and saw "the sea". I didn't think of this as aquatic as I tested this, but it definitely provided a nice counterbalance to the other notes. This was my second favorite of the bunch next to Presti.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Lizbet, how floral, if at all, is this one? It's on my shortlist, as I'm fanging for a nice, fresh, non-floral summery aquatic.
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

No fleurs at all in this one. It starts off a bright spicy orange, softens into a musky fresh citrus. (My mind interpreted the initial heat as cinnamon, but after reading the notes realized it must have been the pepper.) I wouldn't call it an aquatic per se, but it's definitely a supporting note. This is such an unusual combination; it's fascinating.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Thanks for that! Now this one's moved up on my lemming list.
suzie
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by suzie »

Sicily is quite nice with an initial burst of spicy citrus. This mellows down and the airy quality that others have mentioned comes into play. It has a very clean and young feel. However, this one gave me a splotchy red rash (I'm assuming from the pepper). Otherwise it really is a lovely scent, just not great for my skin.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This is a bright citrus at first application, but as noted above this also is making my skin sting (and once again I put it on and dashed out the door so I'm sitting here typing with burning skin--I must stop doing this with this collection).

This is very attractive beyond that sting though, and would be very wearable by men or women. A great summer fragrance that has some nice layers with the spice but is light and clean enough to be wearable in heat.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I was worried about the spice warnings for Sicily, but so far so good, my skin isn't reacting!

Yum. The orange and pepper combo is amazing, and smells like orange and cinnamon without going into the typical fall-esque spiced orange territory. This orange is fresh, juicy and bright and evokes sunshine. I'm not actually getting a whole lot of anything else, the musk anchoring, but not being too showy. Mostly it's about the orange and pepper and that's ok with me because I'm finding it absolutely delicious. Glad this one made permanent!
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

This is very pleasant smelling, but it is the first time ever I have had a reaction to perfume! It burned, than itched. Reading the strand, I see two others also had a reaction. Perhaps it is the pepper, as cinnamon not listed, but I am picking up a hint of that spice. I don't have oil sensitive skin, so this is a surprise.

Wet, full on orangey and then settles to a softer, muskier blend, with citrus in the background. Very pretty, and the burn/itch goes away, but so much to choose from, I will not get slather-bottle. Definitely not for the inner thigh area!

After one hour: Wow! I so enjoy the changes in this one! I am getting the sea note now! Barely a citrus at this stage. Siesta on the shore.
Maladextrose
primordial
primordial

Post by Maladextrose »

This is a simply pretty scent. It's so fresh and summery and juicy. When I smell it from the vial it's very orange spice in a cinnamon way. It reminds me of my favorite orange tea that's been discontinued.

Wet, it's still very like an orange spice tea, which reminds me of Christmas but it doesn't feel like a winter holiday scent (thankfully). It's nice, but not quite what I was hoping for. But! During the dry down the odd cinnamon/pepper note resolves into something more clearly pepper to my nose while the musk and "sea" come out of hiding. I like Sicily best after a few hours when it's a soft musky orange with spicy aquatic hints.

I don't usually wear fruity fragrances, but when I do they're almost always citrus based. As simple as this is, there's something about it that makes me feel happy. I find myself reaching for it a lot now that the temperatures are consistently summery.

*I didn't experience any burning or itching to this oil.