Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: HopHead (Unknown)

Post by Petticoats »

sillageslut wrote:
Atropos wrote:Is the amber in this like Dominions? Because if it is, I am in trouble, because I love Dominions.
HopHead isn't quite Dominions with Phylotaxis's coffee note, but it is very, very close to that.
I was worried when I saw this post, because Dominions and Phyllotaxis are among the few possets that completely disagree with my chemistry. Both are very harsh to me, and, sadly, now that I've received my decant, I find that Hophead is too.

Fortunately there are plenty of others in this collection that do play nicely with my skin. :pumpsmile:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Petticoats wrote:
sillageslut wrote:
Atropos wrote:Is the amber in this like Dominions? Because if it is, I am in trouble, because I love Dominions.
HopHead isn't quite Dominions with Phylotaxis's coffee note, but it is very, very close to that.
I was worried when I saw this post, because Dominions and Phyllotaxis are among the few possets that completely disagree with my chemistry. Both are very harsh to me, and, sadly, now that I've received my decant, I find that Hophead is too.

Fortunately there are plenty of others in this collection that do play nicely with my skin. :pumpsmile:
I'd be happy to take Hophead off your hands, I wanted to get it, but I was severely limited this time around. you can send me a private message here and tell me how much, if you'd be willing, I'd love to try it.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Oh, wow!!! There are too many scents I love to have a signature perfume, but Hopheads would make it to the top 10 or even top 5. Between the most deliscious coffee note and the ambers, I am in heaven! Two hours later, ambers not powdery at all and there is a distinctive coffee memory, although nowhere as powerful as the opening. Thank you, people,for voting this in as a permanent!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Minh Scent wrote:Oh, wow!!! There are too many scents I love to have a signature perfume, but Hopheads would make it to the top 10 or even top 5. Between the most deliscious coffee note and the ambers, I am in heaven! Two hours later, ambers not powdery at all and there is a distinctive coffee memory, although nowhere as powerful as the opening. Thank you, people,for voting this in as a permanent!
HopHead is my favorite amber fragrance of all time and when I update my top ten Possets on the forum's thread, it will be there. It knocked off Serge Luten's Ambre Sultan for the number one spot on my list. I love Minh Scent's comment "distinctive coffee memory", how very apt. The trouble with all coffee scents is that, the coffee note is always the first to fade. HopHead is syrupy, without being sweet, soft, without being powdery, and strong, without being overpowering. It is everything I want in a amber fragrance.