HopHead (Unknown)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

HopHead (Unknown)

Post by Boudicca »

Very nervous people love this blend, it calms you down but leaves you very mellow. Coffee in its most perfectly beautiful form is dropped into 5 ambers which range from sweet to dry. Somehow this combination just makes me want to have a nosegasm. Gourmandy and very bea-utiful.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: HopHead (Unknown)

Post by funkmoppet2 »

The coffee and amber jostle with each other for a bit before they finally settle into equal-billing. It was coffee in the bottle, then amber the second it hit my skin, so I'm amazed how well this one's settled into perfect tandem. The coffee note is luscious and the ambers are rich and delicious and somehow give this blend a suggestion of bakery, without actually smelling like a bakery scent. There's not a whole lot of surprises with this one, it's bold notes doing what they do best in equal measure. Sultry ambered coffee. Coffee sweetened by resins instead of sugar. This one's as divine as I was expecting. Yummo.
sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso »

I have to second everything said about this one. It was so COFFEE!!!! in the bottle that I was afraid I'd hate it, but indeed it went amber when I put it on (immediately!), and has settled down to something rather nice.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I love Fabienne's coffee scents (Over the Rhine, Pauline--which should be a permanent shop kitty), but amber and I don't tend to get along. I either turn amber into powder or potatoes. Is the amber a strong note?
sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso »

The amber is prominent on me. I'd say it's more powdery than not. So it may not be right for you.

But then, who can predict what will happen when a perfume is on another person?
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:I love Fabienne's coffee scents (Over the Rhine, Pauline--which should be a permanent shop kitty), but amber and I don't tend to get along. I either turn amber into powder or potatoes. Is the amber a strong note?

I agree with Sertso, this one seems like it would go powdery, and yes I would say the amber makes up at least half of this (at least on me). It's amber and coffee, not coffee with a tiny bit of amber (at least on me).
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Atropos wrote:I love Fabienne's coffee scents (Over the Rhine, Pauline--which should be a permanent shop kitty), but amber and I don't tend to get along. I either turn amber into powder or potatoes. Is the amber a strong note?
Third to chime-in! It's a strong dark amber, Atropos. It doesn't go powdery on me (it actually goes pretty dark and church-like on me), but if Posset ambers flunk out on you, I'd steer clear of this one. :(

Sucks, you poor chicken - waiting for coffee only to have it taken from you by nasty amber! If it's any consolation, the one licorice blend in this collection has caramel and has been called "fruity", so I feel your pain!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

HopHead is now my favorite amber perfume in my collection. I have been waiting for a coffee fragrance for a while now and this does not disappoint. If HopHead does not go permanent, I will lose my mind! This is not a foody scent to me, kinda the way Phylotaxis is not. Atropos, I really hope this works on you. This is not a fancy caramel macchiato or vanilla latte, it does not have a milky or creamy note on me. It is more like Dominions with the coffee note from Phylotaxis. This will be a hoard worthy scent for me.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Thank you all guys! The perfect coffee scent is Pauline, so FYI when retour comes around again, get your fix with her and HopHead if amber doesn't go powder or potatoes. I LURVE me some Phylotaxis, it's my other fav coffee scent by Fabienne, I didn't mean to dis it on my list, ROFL. Phylo does work on me, if Hophead behaves like Phylo I could probably wear it. But I can't afford to take a chance, I have to be really careful with my spending. So, I'll have to play this safe. I may have to wait, see if it makes the permanents, then ask for a sample with an order if it does. Thank you guys, you are so awesome for answering my question. I love this community, even if I don't get to visit as often as I'd like.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I'm so happy to have this coffee scent! This one actually works better on my skin than Pauline. On my skin, Pauline has an odd dusty/musty quality that makes it less wearable for me. Hophead has none of that, and I love it! One of the amber notes starts out quite woody, very pleasant and warm with the coffee. After a wee bit the strong woody quality recedes and this scent is warm, sweet, wonderful amber with a dab of smooth coffee. Love, love, love! Definitely voting for it to be permanent.

Ps- I did notice yesterday that there is quite a lot of particulate in my bottle, my guess is that it is flakes of Amber that haven't dissolved. Doesn't bother me or anything, just adding it in here in case anyone else notices it, or if Fabienne wants to comment.