Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker (Tchaikovsky)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker (Tchaikovsky)

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Clove, coffee, a drop of mild oude, and very light smoke. Very spice sensuous and lovely like a sunny afternoon in a coffee shop in Dubai in January. A glorious simple pleasure.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker (Tchaikovsky)

Post by stellamaris »

:smi: Wow this one is awesome, even right out of the mailbox :tong: The top note is pure ground coffee, so lush, and it drysdown to a lovely mix. I love this one! My coffee loving daughter prefers it over Hophead, which she said the dry down smelled like "burning candle" which is ok by me too. I find these two similar, and both great, but this one is a bit more "pretty"
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I love the coffee note in this, but my clove-amping skin throws it out of balance, making it almost tart. I don't really get the smoke, which is a shame.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
ladyday
a spark
a spark

Post by ladyday »

I knew I would love this one just from the description and I wasn't wrong. It's coffee, it's smoke, it's almost very vaguely chocolatey, but not in a sweet way. It does indeed make me feel like I'm in a coffee shop and it's the PERFECT blend for winter. This might be my favourite of the batch so far. Time to order a back-up bottle! :)
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

This is very much an Autumn/Winter scent. Arabian Dance is very different from Hophead but equally lovely. On me it is a lot like the Halloween collection's Autumn (Vivaldi) minus some of the mulling spices and with coffee and clove added. I think I recognize sandalwood and carnation. This is a comforting warm, dry but not sweet or foody fragrance.

ETA: The unfortunate thing with all coffee scents is that the coffee note is always the first to fade, and it usually fades quickly. At least with Arabian Dance, HopHead and Phyllotaxis, you are left with a beautiful scent after the initial fade, and even though I can't smell the coffee after a while, I am told that others can detect a light coffee fragrance.
Last edited by sillageslut on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Okay, this is a must have on my list. Coffee (Hop Head turns into Dominions and is nothing but amber, it's lovely amber, but amber) smoke, oude...GAH!!!!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Arabian Dance has been getting more beautiful as it's had time to settle. The coffee note is luscious, and it turns wonderfully perfumy on my skin. I almost, almost love it. But I think the oude may be white oude, because it tries to go from beautiful to saccharine on me. :frown:

I think I'm in the minority in having a sensitivity to white oude, though--fortunately. I am almost tempted to vote for Arabian Dance because I think so many posseteers would love it... but it goes against the grain to vote for something I can't wear myself!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Petticoats wrote:Arabian Dance has been getting more beautiful as it's had time to settle. The coffee note is luscious, and it turns wonderfully perfumy on my skin. I almost, almost love it. But I think the oude may be white oude, because it tries to go from beautiful to saccharine on me. :frown:

I think I'm in the minority in having a sensitivity to white oude, though--fortunately. I am almost tempted to vote for Arabian Dance because I think so many posseteers would love it... but it goes against the grain to vote for something I can't wear myself!
I worry a little about the oude myself. I seem to have a hit or miss on it.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

Out of the vial: coffee for sure and something vaguely woody probably the oude. Not sure If I get the smoke or the clove yet
Wet: mm the coffee comes out abit more and I get the smoke too.
Dry: Oh and there is the clove! It comes to the front but the other notes seem to balance it nicely. This is a really great winter scent! Very cozy. This is definitely going on my potential bottles list. :)
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I took my dog for a walk last night and when I put on my scarf, all I could smell was yesterdays leavings of Arabian Dance. I think I might have tried to smother myself with it, it smelled so good. The coffee note sticks around a little more than with HopHead and I just love the carnation, oude and clove combination. This one reminded me of Autumn - (Vivaldi), but Arabian Dance is much better. I really hope that this one makes the permanent catalog, but I will need to get another bottle before the collection comes down just to be on the safe side.