Pre Raphealite Seductress-Resinous

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Pre Raphealite Seductress-Resinous

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Carnation , chocolate, incense, white musk. Sounds like a real recipe for seduction, combine that with long wavey locks, sumptuous gowns, arcane headgear, and a fragrance which is a damnation and then you know why they burned out! The flame was just too hot. Though there is carnation in this blend and a chocolate sort of vibe, I am calling it resinous because that is how it seems to me.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Pre Raphealite Seductress-Resinous

Post by hill78 »

This is lovely! Definitely get the carnation right off the bat, quite spicy, but I love that about carnation. This isn't a heavy cocoa type of chocolate note, more creamy sweetness to back up the carnation spice. The musk is underneath it all, lifting it off the skin and giving it just the right amount of sillage.
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina »

hill78 wrote:This is lovely! Definitely get the carnation right off the bat, quite spicy, but I love that about carnation.
I don't find the chocolate sweet. It's a great background for the carnation. I understand why Fabienne calls it resinous even if there is no resin in it.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Whoa. This is awesome. The carnation is so creamy and spicy, wow...
I put this on and about a half hour after I walked past my nine year old daughter who said "You smell so good! Can I smell that?" and considering I am always wearing copious amounts of scent at home, that was impressive.
It's like being surrounded by a cloud of awesome. :bchamp: very large bottle please...
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I love spicy carnation scents and this one does not disappoint. I do not get the chocolate, just carnations, maybe spicy amber and/or a pinch of clove. Maybe it is my skin, but I do not detect any chocolate/cocoa, sweet or otherwise. There is a sense of something else being there grounding the scent, but to me it feels more like a resin than anything foody. Pre Raphealite Seductress is similar to last years Sicillian Summer collection's 14 Carnations. I missed out on a bottle of 14 Carnations, so I am very happy to have a bottle of this. Pre Raphealite Seductress has great sillage and longevity.
Last edited by sillageslut on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Pre-Raphaelite Seductress--Resinous

Post by Petticoats »

This may well end up being one of my favorites from this collection. As others have noted, its a spicy, sweet carnation with smoothness underneath. I can't pick out the chocolate, but that's fine with me as the overall blend is so lovely.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Hmmm... this one might be a little too sweet for me to pull off. Very strong, heady scent. I do like the spiciness, and agree that you can't really smell the chocolate; it's blended very well. I do wish I could pull this off - if I smelled this on someone else, it would be great; but smelling it on myself for hours on end seems like it might be too much. We'll see; maybe I'll get used to it!
caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets »

I looove carnation so I had to try this. It's sweet but not in a sugary way, and not as spicy as I'd thought it might be - Autumn (Vivaldi) from last year was certainly a lot spicier on me. This one is smoother and softer and quite feminine. I can smell the incense too, but can't detect any chocolate... I wonder if that's what's adding to the smoothness underneath the carnation note. It certainly isn't foody. I think this may be my favourite Possets carnation scent to date!
Thaleia
mortal
mortal

Post by Thaleia »

I absolutely love this. It's a sweet, sexy carnation with a hint of spice and grounded by a hint of incense (I don't get a lot of it, but I do get enough to ground the overall blend). It's so well blended that I'll get hints of the other notes here and there, but on the whole it's mainly carnation. After a while, the spiciness goes away and I'm left with a creamy sweet carnation that lasts for quite a long time. I put some on last night and I'm still getting whiffs of it now.

I immediately thought of The Accolade by Edmund Blair Leighton when I put this on. (I know he's not strictly Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, but he's sometimes associated with them, and that's enough for me.) I love the concept of this scent and I love the scent itself, and this definitely got my vote. If I could have voted for this more than once, I would have.
Quod scimus loquimur, quod vidimus testamur
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

Starts very spicy, I think from the carnation and then as the day goes on it gets a little creamier. I vaguely detect incense and the chocolate comes out as a subtle sweetness. Similar to Vivaldi's Autumn (from Haunting music collection) but that was more woody and dry. Definitely not a foody blend.