Amethyst (lavender)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amethyst (lavender)

Post by Maya » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 am

Possets description: "Mother had a penchant for amethysts and the color purple (for a while anyway) It was a becoming color for her and her portrait was done with purple as the primary color. I am interpreting the hue here, as I have done with other colors in the past. A sharp amber to start combines with a smoother and more caramel-like amber and a great shot of my fabulous lavender on top of it all. Somehow this one manages to be soothing and edgy at the same time. Lavender, amber."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Amethyst (lavender)

Post by stellamaris » Wed May 06, 2015 10:13 am

Holy crap. This is so good. If you are waffling about this one, cut it out and get it, it's amazing. It's like The Most Perfect Perfume. I put some on before bed last night and my stupid tired brain kept thinking "What is that delicious smell?" :rofl:
This is heavier on the amber than the lav to me, but it's so well blended. It's delicate but at the same time deep and rich. I am surrounded in a cloud of awesome. You could wear this anywhere, smell absolutely amazing, and not offend anyone.
Gorgeous. I need the vat size of this please...
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Wed May 06, 2015 1:58 pm

In the bottle : Amber and lavender perfectly blended. Not for little girls. Sexy and soothing at the same time.

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:55 pm

This stuff is fantastic! I remember posting here in the forum (at least I think I did, lol) that I would love the Amber base of Hophead with lavender instead of coffee, and Fabienne has provided! I have a 15ml and I will be praying this becomes permanent. Woody, warm, gently sweet amber with a hefty dose of lavender on top. So good! I've been wearing it a ton since it arrived.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sun May 17, 2015 11:09 pm

As others have noted above, this indeed is MUCH heavier on the amber than on the lavender. Very salty caramel-like at times, chypre-like at others. I kept trying to think of what the scent reminded me of, and I finally got it. Calvin Klein's "Obsession" - an uncanny resemblance with my skin chemistry! An intriguing scent for sure. But I overdosed on "Obsession" a few years ago and am still suffering the aftermath, so I will probably need to trade this one in to a better home.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Sun May 24, 2015 8:21 pm

in the bottle, this is sweet lavender and a rich amber. on my skin, these notes sort of fade down into smokey nothingness (think raw shea butter).
the perfume itself disappears but leaves a smokey shadow behind. one that is alas not a nice perfume. :violin:

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Tue May 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Love this! The amber is caramel-sweet and thickly gooey-rich, and the lavender lifts up and cuts through the heaviness making the scent into something airier and lighter. The two aspects mix and separate in wafts onme - though overall it works together. The amber seems to make the lavender stick around longer than it usually does in scents on my skin. Good throw - pretty and a little bit hippie, but feminine due to how sweet it is. I adore this.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Thu May 28, 2015 2:01 pm

So, I wore this again twice and both times I got a less happy outcome than on my initial wear. The amber went very powdery on me - almost baby powder, which combined with the lavender felt a bit old lady-ish. :( I will say that the lavender sticks around a lot longer than I am used to - it's still there at almost 5 hours of wear.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:12 pm

I usually prefer the fluffier, sweeter lavender fragrances, so I am a little surprised I went crazy for Amethyst as soon as I took my first sniff. Especially when combined with amber, this is more of the assertive, even stern side of lavender... but it is gorgeous, and the combination is so harmonious. I can imagine this being something I'll particularly love during cold weather, but even in this sweltering Atlanta pre-summer heat it's perfect--it's got a clean quality that rises above the heat and humidity.

I'm not sure I'll reach for it quite as often as my super-faves from this collection--the heavenly Seductive Jesuit and luscious Romanee-Conti--but this is a splendid Posset and definitely deserves to be in the permanent catalog.

ETA: I think the powdery quality that gypsyjolie mentions that emerges later in dry-down is one of the reasons I love this. It softens the sternness and makes it more feminine. I'm loving this even more today than yesterday.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:34 am

A great example of deliciously simple. Amber and lavender, exactly as I expected with no surprises - just a perfectly blended combo of those notes with neither one note overshadowing the other. Both get equal billing here. The amber is rich and sweet, and the lavender a balancing herbal variety. Comforting and warm, and a great alternative to vanilla lavender.