Seascape (Turner)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Seascape (Turner)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:39 am

Possets description: A very surprising blend. This is an aquatic with a heavy component of coconut which truly adds a lot of character to the marine aspect (by having an unanticipated similarity to the watery base). On top of it all, I floated a serious amount of cannabis scent and the result was positively electric. I love this fragrance and it is a very very complex thing brought out of very few materials. I think there is a happy change in the scent where the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. Aquatic, zesty, fruity, and very soothing for a hot day.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Seascape (Turner)

Post by hill78 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Dis smells fantastic! I got some on my fingers as I was opening each bottle to sniff. And I immediately had to go back and test it. It is exactly what it says. Aquatic and coconut, and I'm sure the cannabis is there, but it doesn't smell like skunk (lol). The aquatic and coconut balance each other so well. I'm not generally a huge fan of aquatic perfumes, they can be too manly and deodorant-ish. But that doesn't happen here thanks to the coconut. And I think the cannabis may be helping to give the overall scent an earthy/woodsy tone it wouldn't have otherwise. A+

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:27 am

Wore this one to bed last night. May be my favorite coconut perfume of all time. It is really that good. It is fresh, and summery, but the coconut maintains a creamy feel, just wonderful.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:47 am

Hello, hill78, I was wondering, are there any fruity notes in it, other than the coconut note? In Fabienne's description she lists it as aquatic, zesty and fruity so I was wondering. I like aquatics and am starting to enjoy some coconut notes if they're not too suntan lotion-like, but I am not a big fruit note person. Thank you so much!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Sorry I didn't reply right away, traveling for vacation. There isn't any other discernible fruit to my nose. Just coconut :)

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:29 am

Thank you, hill78, that is really a help! I hope you had a great vacation! I am wondering if this one makes the permanent list--it's going to be hard to decide with this collection as there are so many beautiful and creative selections.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm

To me, this smells like beautiful simplicity - mostly coconut with some aquatics. It works its magic best in very hot weather: then, the coconut is very mellow and just floats in the air like an angel's wing. When it's not that hot, something in the blend smells a bit sharp to my nose - not quite sure what it is. On the whole, I do like this blend. But I like "Ship of Fools" better :P

My mother smelled "Seascape", and declared that she must absolutely have a bottle! She doesn't do that often - she will remark that a perfume smells nice, but not that she MUST have it. So I guess she really liked it!

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:40 pm

Oh, I am intrigued by Ship of Fools, and this one too. Interesting that you like it better. I do worry that the coconut would turn into sun tan lotion.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:19 pm

I tested this fresh out of the mailbox, and even after having been shaken and battered across the country, it smelled lovely.

I let it rest a few days and then tried it again today. I put some on before running errands, and it was all I could do to keep myself from huffing my arms and embarrassing myself in public.

yes, there is coconut, but it's not foodie nor does it go into the tropical sunscreen zone.
yes, it's an aquatic, but it doesn't make me think of bath products.

instead the notes come together to make something fresh and rich, bright and creamy and all around gorgeous.
not sure what possets' hemp note smells like (this doesn't smell at all like weed).
it feels both familiar and completely new, if that makes any sense.

seascape has some strength to it. the throw is big (but not obnoxiously so) for the first four hours and then it holds on as a nice skin scent for another few hours. this will get a vote from me. it's fantastic.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:39 am

Atropos wrote:Oh, I am intrigued by Ship of Fools, and this one too. Interesting that you like it better. I do worry that the coconut would turn into sun tan lotion.
No suntan lotion here! This is a freshly sliced coconut; without additives, sugar or skin products :D

I think I like Ship of Fools better just because it's such a unique scent - not what I would have expected at all. Seascape isn't really unique (coconut and aquatics), but it's a beautiful blend.