Summer (Mucha)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Summer (Mucha)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:42 am

Possets description: Mucha always made up the best fantasies about women, you always wished that you could adorn yourself with his wonderful clothes and have your hair swirl around you as if you were in the sea, all melting sighs and endless orgasmic hedonism.

Fern, carnation, sandalwood, ginger root, sweet briarwood, and a small amount of woody vanilla. Breathtakingly sophisticated and yet earthy.

Resinous, spicy.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Summer (Mucha)

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:46 am

I ordered this based on the notes. First up I get ginger which heralds in the carnation. The spiciness is stroked into softess by the vanilla, a beautiful edible (not foody) one, supported by sandalwood. I cannot discern the fern or briarwood; I don't know what they smell like. This is absolutely beautiful and I have been complimented on it twice. I love with Fabienne does to the ginger here, so perfectly blended with the carnation. It is not sharp, but enticing, sensual and utterly seductive. This will get one of my votes!!!l

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Thank you, Minh Scent--I love carnation and I love ginger, so that sounds like one I am interested in! I appreciate your review of your fragrance experiences. I had about four of these fragrances I was very interested in when I read all their descriptions last week. I am still enjoying several of the Sicilian Summer ones from last year that I bought!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am

This is deliciously spicy! If you are a fan of Morgan le Fay or Guinevere, you should definitely try this beauty. This has an almost creamy quality to the base, without having an actually heavy cream note. I get a hint of a fresh floral type note weaving in and out, but it isn't carnation....perhaps that's the sweet briarwood? I think it must be the sandalwood and vanilla combo that lends this scent an airy but creamy base. I love this!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:38 pm

My packet from Possets arrived yesterday, beautifully wrapped, with three bottles from the Summer of Elegance collection and a generous gifting of poppets to try. I was so excited to try these fragrances, and thanks to Minh Scent and her reviews, one of my choices for the order was Summer (Mucha) which I have been wearing today, and love!

Summer (Mucha) to me comes across as a beautiful veil of a fragrance, with that creamy depth that others have spoken of. I love the combination of carnation, ginger and sandalwood and as it opened, I could smell all three. Now that I have been wearing it some hours, the carnation, sandalwood and a whisper of non-foody, grounded vanilla are lingering the longest on my skin. In terms of the fern, the fougere type formulas I have smelled in the past have a dry herbal note, and it's hard for me to determine if I am smelling a bit of that as it dries down or if it's more the sandalwood.

I am a great fan of carnation, and I feel that this floral note can fit any season depending on what other notes are combined with it. One of my favorite classic carnation fragrances that invokes summer for me is Bellodgia, by Caron. Summer (Mucha) is not a duplicate of Bellodgia and is its own unique creation, but I feel that it is equally a beautiful rendition of what summer feels like. It has a fluidity and lightness to it that is masterful. It is not loud but yet I smell it around me subtly without having to sniff my wrist. I highly recommend it!

stubbornfire

Post by stubbornfire » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:14 pm

This is gorgeous! I'm not sure it's "me", but I may have to scrounge for a bottle anyway..

It's mostly ginger and carnation up front for me, with what I assume is the sweet briarwood playing the sidekick. It's a bit spicy, but in a beautiful mellow sort of way, and there's an underlying sweetness that is present all throughout, softening but strengthening.

I haven't gotten any sandalwood or woody vanilla, yet, but there us something nice and steadying in the back somewhere that I'd guess is fern. It's kind of hanging around just holding down the fort.

Gosh this is wonderful. It doesn't travel much on me, staying in my personal bubble, not quite stuck to my skin, but this is what my chemistry does to many blends, especially soft/sweet ones. I love catching whiffs of it on me, though.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Okay this is going on my "must get list". You all have sold me on it. I can't wait to sniff it! Oh and HAI everybody, I've missed you guys.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey, we missed you, too. Welcome! :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Atropos wrote:Okay this is going on my "must get list". You all have sold me on it. I can't wait to sniff it! Oh and HAI everybody, I've missed you guys.
You've definitely been missed! So glad to see your "face" again. :hrt::
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Maya wrote:
Atropos wrote:Okay this is going on my "must get list". You all have sold me on it. I can't wait to sniff it! Oh and HAI everybody, I've missed you guys.
You've definitely been missed! So glad to see your "face" again. :hrt::
Aw thanks guys! I've just been busy with PT for my newest hip and working on the novel. I just couldn't resist the Summer offerings. This one is on my get list. Still reviewing to make my wish list.