Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Summer (Mucha)

Post by mina » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:26 am

The others have said it all.
One of the best carnation perfume I've ever smelled (and Fabienne makes wonderful carnation perfumes).

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:59 pm

I have just put this on this week again. It is one of the most beautiful perfumes and always evokes compliments.

Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:30 pm

This is my favorite of the summer collection. In the bottle it is kind of boozy, spicy deep creamy woody deliciousness. In the skin it is all spicy ginger and carnation, with an undercurrent of creamy vanilla. Not sure what the sweet briarwood or fern smell like, but I feel like they add more depth and uniqueness to this fragrance. This is long lasting and spicy, all around amazing and beautiful. I am very happy this made it to permanents.

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:39 pm

I finally got to try this since it made Permanent status. I can see why!

wet: carnation!

drying: spicy carnations, bright ginger, and something woody.

full drydown: Oh, this is so happy. Golden. The carnation and ginger are so lively and lively together. The sandalwood doesn't get too powdery or dusty or sharp. I don't get a distinct green note as fern, but I'm sure it's all part of Fabienne's gift for complexity that blends into a unified, balanced fragrance. This is spicy, airy, only vaguely sweet, and very cheerful. It's like Gypsy Grave's little blonde sister, or Silver Ginger's tomboy little sister -though it is not a juvenile perfume at all, just a happy bouncy one! So so pretty. Very feminine despite the spice for me, which I think I'll blame the vanilla and fresh ginger (which is lemony) on.

This really does have a very true carnation scent into long drydown,like those mini red and white striped carnations. I love how airy the scent is - carnation can become cloying but this never did. This seems liek it would be good in both heat and cold weather.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Its now officially summer, so it seemed like a good time to break out this little sample.
For some reason I thought that I wouldn't like it. Which was odd, as I really like carnation perfumes, and I really like ginger.
And as it turns out this is gorgeous. Rich, spicy and complex, but without it being to heavy or overbearing. It somehow keeps a lightness, and a freshness to it, that you don't always find in carnation perfumes.
I will enjoy this quite a bit!