Ouija

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Ouija

Post by Boudicca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Notes from the dead floating in in the nicest way. Calming cedar and rosewood, black vanilla, fat vanilla, and a touch of rose to give it a sweet side, black chiffon, and a touch of coriander.

This is a beautiful classic woody scent just perfect for those who don't usually care for wood. The rose background give it just the right lift and keeps it from beng too heavy and cloying. Black chiffon is a "code name" for an excellent musk I have mixed up in the Possetorium and keep for special occasions.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Ouija

Post by hill78 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:59 pm

This is such a beautiful scent! Very classy and expensive smelling. At first my skin amps the rose, but my skin has a tendency to do that. After about 5 minutes the woods begin to push to the forefront and play for balance with the very realistic rose note. This is a very true rose, like sticking your nose deep into a bouquet of the most expensive, fresh cut, premiere florist's roses ever. After about 15 minutes the rose and woods are balanced beautifully and the vanillas begin to sweeten the mix. This is a powerful scent, a little bit gies a long way. The end result is so harmonious and wonderfully high end, I love it!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:18 pm

I echo Hill78 that this is a gorgeous, beautiful fragrance. This was a surprise for me, I got a decant as it sounded interesting but then I did not really think it would be something I loved. I actually find it quite delicious in a non-foody way. It has the two vanillas in it, and some rose, but the rose to me does not predominate, and smells almost more like a sweet violet and rose mixture--and then the woods in it are glorious and really exceptional. The cedar and rosewood blend together perfectly and really carry the fragrance without dominating it.The three main notes in it-- The vanillas, the woods and the rose weave together seamlessly and last for many hours on me, perhaps due to the special chiffon musk--which was another plus for me. This one is one that I would like to get a full bottle of, for sure!

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:47 pm

I like hill78 tend to amp rose, but this is Fabienne's rose, and I can usually get away with it, even though it's an antique type tea rose. I have the cedar and the rose, but the vanillas are playing coy. They are smoothing the cedar and the rose, keeping either from getting overbearing (ie powdered old grandma in the case of the rose, or bottom of the gerbil cage in the case of the cedar). No this is exquisite. And I'm glad it made the permanents.

It smells...old fashioned. And by that I mean it evokes the 1930s to me when mediums and seances were all the rage. I'm in a room with thick oriental rugs on hardwood floors in a room of an old Victorian house. The room is filled with heavy, dark stained furniture, in this case a table with thick beautifully carved legs and chairs that match (with fine needlepoint on the cushions of the seats). It's the morning after the seance held there the night before. The remnants of the call to the spirits sit on the table, a beautiful wooden ouija board and it's carved planchet. The sunlight shines through the window touching the blossoms of antique tea roses in a cut crystal vase sitting on a small side table with a crocheted lacy doily to keep it from scratching the wood. The sunlight touching the vibrant blooms warms them their scent wafting on the air.

This scent smells as though I've stepped back in time. I love that feeling it evokes, like Gypsy Grave, they are very much related, like "kissing cousins" as the saying goes. They both evoke a different era. I love that perfumes, when done well, and Fabienne does them very, very well, create a picture.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:48 am

This is a lovely perfume. The woods and rose are all balanced perfectly with the vanilla. The opening cedar/rosewood/rose combination reminds me for a moment of my beloved BPAL OLLA, Our Hearts Condemn Us. However, any similarity stops there; it dries down into a gorgeous powdery essence that is very sophisticated and classy, as noted by Hill and Atropos. I also find it sexy and buoyed by the musk, which never overpowers. I get no coriander. (Not a bad thing!) As Marisaviola noted, Ouija has good longevity on the skin and I am also thrilled it is permanent.