Zombie

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Zombie

Post by Boudicca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:21 pm

You really need a big dose of toasted marshmallow and oude. The obvious combination, wouldn't you say? Resinous and foody at the same time. Smoky sticky fun.

The image is an owl, a zombie owl to be exact. I put him on there because it is a little known fact that owls love to eat the brains of their prey! I once found the bottom half of a mouse in my backyard and immediately suspected that "the owl did it". So, in honor of this fact, I have made a zombie owl for the Zombie perfume.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Boudicca

Re: Zombie

Post by Boudicca » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:54 pm

This is like marshmallows and smoke. I am really digging this. It's like incense but not incense. I don't know what else to say. It's not complex, it's just really, really good.

Lol, this is wrist-glued-to-nose good! :hrt::

This is so good I think I'm going to order the Cambiennes and throw in another bottle of this even though my bank account will not be happy with me.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:29 am

Like I said woody, smoky, dark and sensual.
Like Boudicca said like incense but not incense. I don't really smell the marshmallow but I think it mellows the wood and makes this perfume so sensual.

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:48 am

:hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
Well, I said it before and I'll say it again, Marshmallow Oude is not just up my alley, it's the actual name of my alley...
This one to me has echoes of some of my most beloved Possets, namely Highway 666, and I love it. It's thick resiny, rich and sweet. I am in danger of inhaling my own arm.
And everytime I reach for it I have a Steeley Dan song playing on a loop in my brain (Sign in Stranger) and I will share it with you, although pretty sure no one will know it...
"You Zombie
Be born again my friend
Won't you sign in stranger?"

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:35 am

stellamaris wrote::hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
Well, I said it before and I'll say it again, Marshmallow Oude is not just up my alley, it's the actual name of my alley...
This one to me has echoes of some of my most beloved Possets, namely Highway 666, and I love it. It's thick resiny, rich and sweet. I am in danger of inhaling my own arm.
And everytime I reach for it I have a Steeley Dan song playing on a loop in my brain (Sign in Stranger) and I will share it with you, although pretty sure no one will know it...
"You Zombie
Be born again my friend
Won't you sign in stranger?"
Ha, I love Steely Dan. I will think of that song now when my Zombie arrives!

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:21 am

In the bottle, this was a lovely smokey toasty marshmallow with an almost woody rounded depth. It also had a touch of sour milk edge (almost baby breath milk) to it when I sniffed deeply which made me raise an eyebrow, but (for science of course) I put a nice big drop on my skin.

On my skin, it opens up very nicely and I almost immediately get an ambered toasted marshmallow. This shifts down pretty quickly to a powdered soft sweetness and I don't get a whole lot of oude. I'm thinking the oude will probably develop the longer this sits in the bottle, but it's definitely a wearable perfume right now. The longer this is on the skin, the toasted aspect goes away, and I get more of the ambered/powdered aspect of the sweetness, with the oude holding steady on the bottom that gives it an almost wood edge, but on a soft scale. (I really can't wait to see how this ages--I have a feeling it's going to be absolutely amazing.)

At first it seems to be light and fluffy, but it has a solid backbone that gives it solid staying power and depth. It's delicious without coming across as uber foody, and the oude keeps it perfectly balanced from being too sweet (it has a touch of sweetness, but it's more like the sweetness of amber and not the sweetness of sugar). This is really delightful and I think it's going to only get better as it ages. Mmmmmm!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 am

This starts with mostly toasted marshmallow, a little smoky and slightly caramelized sweet, like you are at the campfire cooking it. The oude is definitely not in the forefront. I sort of want to add some Oude Time Religion to amp it up - hopefully the oude will increase with skin warmth and wear... The sweet marshmallow gets a bit powdery in an amber-y way for a bit, then the oude does start to show up, as the darker, warm, almost leather-y aspect that Fabienne's delicious oude has. It's most apparent in the waft for me - rather than when sniffing close up. This is good now, especially after a half an hour, but this will be stunning after a bit of aging.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am

I agree with the others. This is just as advertised - toasted marshmallow with a bit of oude I'm sure the oude will strengthen with ageing, but I'm more than happy to wear it as it is!

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:07 am

So tempted by this one. I LOVE Fabienne's oude. and while I don't do foody usually, there are exceptions to the rule, marshmallow and candy corn....yum.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 pm

This is so simple, and yet, so complex. It's amazing! It's oude with a slightly sweet (not overly so) backdrop that has that marshmallow vibe. It's Incredible. Not foodie at all despite it being based off of a candy. It's delightful! Simple, yet elegant.