Lady and a Baby Unicorn

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Re: Lady and a Baby Unicorn

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: Hmmm, well, this first blast of vanilla is the Possets vanilla that my skin chemistry doesn't like - the one that ruined Ponder and Madame X and several other blends for me. It goes oddly buttery and plastic-y on me, like a scented doll. It's almost grainy-smelling, like it's rough instead of smooth, though not quite powdery. Perhaps it is a resin-y vanilla scent, benzoin or such? It's a tiny bit fruity - like Madame X is oddly fruity to me. Luckily that fruitiness fades back after a few minutes. So does the butteriness, thank goodness.

Drying: The vetiver helps tame the odd vanilla for me. It makes the roughness sort of feature not a bug by adding the grassy/woody tone to the scent. This is not really a smooth vetiver to my nose, as vetiver can sometimes get very smooth and almost oil-y in scent. This is sort of pine sap-ish, and earthy, but not gritty or astringent.

full drydown, after an hour: Yeah, pine sap (which does not smell like the needles or the wood exactly), but sweeter. Benzoin "vanilla". Not foody anymore. Almost sticky but powdery at the same time. I know that makes no sense. I get the comparison to "nutty", sort of hazelnut-ish in its sweeter woodiness.

It's an earthy, natural, comforting scent, once it dries down. This one is not a clear winner for me, but I see why it is popular.Vanilla lovers looking for fluffy white frosting type vanilla, this is not the place to come. his is an earthier, more complex, very natural vanilla. I think a guy could rock this if he was okay with sweeter perfumes. I honestly like it more the longer I wear it, so some aging may help.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Re: Lady and a Baby Unicorn

Post by PeculiarHeroine »

I am sure that I have never smelled anything quite like this before.
This scent is all danger and sweetness, wildly earthy and yet upliftingly sweet. It is contradiction itself, and is absolutely lovely.
It has wonderful staying power, and has kept me pleasantly confused all day. What a lovely, strange creature Lady and Unicorn is.