Silver Oude

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Silver Oude

Post by Boudicca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Name says it all. It is difficult to take the strong glory of oude and tame it down with the delicate silver base but, if the proportions are right and the embellishments are in harmony, you can have one gorgeous and totally unexpected blend which will stay for hours and hours.

Foody, resinous, wow.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

sertso
mortal
mortal

Re: Silver Oude

Post by sertso » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Wow! is a perfect description--this is really yummy without being overwhelming. I pick up the silver more than the oude, but it's such a seamless blend that I may just be imagining that. I'm certainly going to order more of this. 30m? I think so. :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::

Melian17
primordial
primordial

Post by Melian17 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:47 am

I'd be interested to hear how it compares to Zombie if anyone's tried both:) This one sounds like it's a little lighter on the oude.

MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:37 pm

Oh man, I really like this scent. I found Arabian Dance a little smokey to my taste (and I wasn't sure where to pinpoint the Oude notes in the scent), so I wanted to get to know what the Oude note is like (especially when it's sweetened with the silver base, which is a note that I do really like!). This Oude is a really interesting incensey smell. It’s a cozy scent that evokes asian wood and oriental incense, and I like how it doesn't smell gritty but actually smells pretty smooth on the skin. I’ve tried several silver notes in the past few months, and this perfume actually makes the silver note feel much less fluffy or creamy (it actually feels more solid, like the silver cream’s freezing and solidifying on the oude wood..except without any coldness). I think this is a great intro towards oude scents for me, even though this perfume smells like it'd fit a much more mature and sophisticated person than me! It's a very good perfume and I would definitely consider buying it in the future.

Edit: Wow, my skin really eats this fragrance up. Within 10 minutes, the silver oude blends neatly with my skin musk and it winds up smelling VERY sexy. It makes me think of a poised, but down-to-earth kind of woman who was born into old money, but absolutely loves being in the outdoors.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:20 pm

MageLocusta wrote:Oh man, I really like this scent. I found Arabian Dance a little smokey to my taste (and I wasn't sure where to pinpoint the Oude notes in the scent), so I wanted to get to know what the Oude note is like (especially when it's sweetened with the silver base, which is a note that I do really like!). This Oude is a really interesting incensey smell. It’s a cozy scent that evokes asian wood and oriental incense, and I like how it doesn't smell gritty but actually smells pretty smooth on the skin. I’ve tried several silver notes in the past few months, and this perfume actually makes the silver note feel much less fluffy or creamy (it actually feels more solid, like the silver cream’s freezing and solidifying on the oude wood..except without any coldness). I think this is a great intro towards oude scents for me, even though this perfume smells like it'd fit a much more mature and sophisticated person than me! It's a very good perfume and I would definitely consider buying it in the future.

Edit: Wow, my skin really eats this fragrance up. Within 10 minutes, the silver oude blends neatly with my skin musk and it winds up smelling VERY sexy. It makes me think of a poised, but down-to-earth kind of woman who was born into old money, but absolutely loves being in the outdoors.

Nice review. Now I wish I'd ordered a sample with my last batch of samples!

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:04 pm

I don't actually know what oude smells like but I do know that it's in almost all my very favourite Possets so I had to give this one a go.

Apparently, oude smells like warm fur and skin musk to me. Not sure how helpful that is to others! It's woody without actually smelling of any specific wood, if that makes sense; it just falls in that category. This is a cozy, warm, soothing, beautiful scent! The vanilla-esque 'silver' note blends so perfectly with the oude. It stays close to the skin with medium throw. Not the best staying power on my skin but this one is definitely worth reapplying. Really lovely!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:40 am

The oude is smooth, lighter than other oudes I have met. It seems more a backdrop for the silver base. I am fond of Posset's silver base, but on drydown this does something marvelous which I haven't got from other silvers. The vanilla develops into waxy richess that is spectacular.