Indigo

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Indigo

Post by puck_nc »

"The coldest member of the blue family, indigo has a tendency to melancholy but it is indeed beautiful. A hint of lavender and a kiss of spice and the tiniest bit of vanilla. This one really needs to get on your skin to show off. Unisex but tending to the feminine." (Hey, Fabienne, you had a couple of spelling errors on the website description! Tendency and melancholy)

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: I'm a huge fan of Ultramarine Blue, and I've been trying all the color wheel just because.

In the Bottle: Dusty lavender, faded incense. My immediate impression isn't much like a variation of Ultramarine Blue, but its own quiet identity.

Wet: A burst of incense, somehow cooled by the other notes. I think the lavender is in the background.

Drydown: The lavender develops, and my mental impression is what "Lavender Water - L'Encens" might smell like. I'm not getting the vanilla at all.

Verdict: Since this is almost certainly going to stick around with the rest of the colors, I can take some time to play with this decant and see whether I reach for it often.
maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Indigo

Post by maribouquet »

I like this one a lot! Peppery and creamy at the same time. Just lovely. :D
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Indigo

Post by Gemma »

This is a strange one! Lavender at first then something soft and sweet, and a little smoky. It manages to be sweet, savoury, fresh, and dusty/musky all at once.
funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Indigo

Post by funkmoppet »

I love the colour wheel so much. It's my favourite collection.

Indigo is a wonderful addition. Just like the description says, it needs to meet skin to really bloom, and that's true! In the vial and wet, it's biting lavender and...anise? Once on the skin I get pepper and lavender before it warms up and the vanilla emerges to smooth everything out. It becomes a heavenly pepper/lavender/vanilla mix, both cool and warm at the same time.

I like this one very much! The pepper reminds me of Arcana's Haint (another blend I love), only it's got Fabienne's masterful hand with lavender, and the unique Possets breathy vanilla signature.

ETA!- Okay, I've since fallen utterly head-over-heels for this one! In just a short time it's already mellowed in the decant and become even creamier. This is LOVE. Lavender, pepper and vanilla LOVE!:heartsabove:
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Indigo

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Indigo
In vial: sweet, spicy vanilla. Like a darker Ultramarine Blue.
On skin: oh wow! This reminds me of Id and Ultramarine Blue, and a little bit of BPAL Emathides. The scent is of powerful and almost soporific lavender, with a lot more vanilla than Ultramarine, and something that hints and chocolate, but isn’t. I also think there’s tonka here, tonka tends to give vanilla a bit more oomph and broadens its sweetness. I also smell spices, dark warm spices underneath. This is darkened Ultramarine, of course, without the light blue musk and bright citrus from that scent, and a lot more sweetness. It is gorgeous as well. The drydown is a mix of the remains of the lavender (which lasts longer than usual) and that rich sweet intense vanilla and possible tonka. I swear I even get a hint of black leather, but that could be because I’m trying out C Auguste Dupin by BPAL on the same arm so it’s possible that there could be some scent coming from that. But it reminds me of the leather in Inez, mixed with lavender and strong vanilla. Or maybe it’s a dark musk? There is something dark and sexy under the lavender and rich sweetness. The scent then settles into a rich deep sensual vanilla with a hint of smokiness. I love this one and may get a bottle some day. Do I prefer it to Ultramarine? I love them both equally, as they are both variations on a blue sweet lavender theme and go to show that Fabienne makes some truly smashing lavender scents.
cuervosueno
preternatural being
preternatural being

Indigo

Post by cuervosueno »

This possette came in my recent order.

First, a disclaimer. I really don't like lavender scents at all.

That said, this isn't too bad. It is spicy with lavender, like pepper and lavender. It would smell really good on a man, with the peppery note and the slight smoke. Probably one of the better lavender scents I've ever smelled, but still not for me.

PS> it does turn into a lovely creamy/sugary scent tempered with pepper which is nice--and I get less of the lavender, so I do kind of like it, though I wouldn't get more. I do know a man who would like this, though, so I may pass it on to him.
saosis
preternatural being
preternatural being

Indigo

Post by saosis »

This is a nice lavender scent, darker than Ultramarine Blue for sure. It faded quite quickly on me though on first testing, but I'm going to try it again.
MollyG
preternatural being
preternatural being

Indigo

Post by MollyG »

Okay... I have to admit, I am looking for an affordable alternative to Vero Profumo's Kiki, which is a gorgeous sweet lavender scent but sells for about $160 for 8ml. :shocked: Indigo sounded like it would fit the bill nicely.

So, I now have a sample of Kiki on my right arm and Indigo on the left. Initially, they smelled nearly identical -- bright, fresh, bracing lavender -- but where Kiki takes a turn toward caramel and fruits on the drydown, Indigo darkens and becomes more complex. Lavender retains its presence throughout, but lovely deep notes of vanilla and incense take center stage. It's stunning, and I am really surprised at just how dark it got. I didn't see how the scent captured indigo at first, but now it embodies cool, dark mystery like the color itself.

And best of all... it's about 1/8 the price of Kiki! Woohoo!! Fabienne, my nose and my wallet thank you. :wink:
DeliberateAngel
a spark
a spark

Indigo

Post by DeliberateAngel »

I love Possets lavender scents. This one is well done just too sad for me. It's very "blue." I get lavender and a "blue musk" and some spices. It's pretty true form initial application to drydown.
It's a lavender similar to what is in Lavender Corset.
Nice, but not for me.
portalkat
mortal
mortal

Indigo

Post by portalkat »

This is absolutely beautiful and one of the most interesting lavender blends that I've found. I love the smokiness and the salty vanilla note. I know that may sound odd, but sometimes some of the deeper, more sultry vanillas have that effect on me. I don't normally slather, but Indigo makes me want to upend a bottle and cover my neck in its beauty. This is one dark, sexy lavender blend.:rainbow: