Adamus (Spring 2009)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

morningglory
principalities
principalities

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by morningglory »

Sweet and amazingly sexy, it insinuates itself into her mind and lets you be the not-so-obscure object of her desire. Dry and sweet new mown hay (irresistible), is combined with tobacco flower (very attractive but non cloying), and my own concoction of sweet green moss and you can't miss.

Alright, I've been wearing this one obsessively since I got my bottle yesterday. In part because I :Smitten_emoticon: and in part to figure the darn parts of it out. Wet it starts out dry with waft of bergamontly lemon (as opposed to lemony bergamont). It has a light waft of hay, as if smelling a barn from outside on a sunny day, without any of that inevitable mustiness that accompanies a real hay filled barn. It slowly fades to a scent I can only describe as the olfactory equivalent to the way polished blond wood looks. I smell it and I think light colored wood, shiny and reflecting sunlight. That then fades to a wonderful dry musky vanilla, that is like the scent of clean skin with a kick to it. It's got possets creaminess with none of the sweetness, and is smooth and dry and comforting in the extreme, like wearing your SOs well worn (clean!) teeshirt.

The overall impression of this scent is dry and clean and smooth, smooth, smooth. On me this scent has no harsh edges, and glides almost inevitably from one scent to the next. A true Fabienne masterpiece. I will need about 10 bottles if this doesn't stay permanent. Now if only my DH would actually wear it. :Plotting_emoticon:
funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by funkmoppet »

Oh. My. God.

Why are there not more raves for this? Let me start by saying that I adore Fabienne's more unisex/guy blends. Her playfully light hand with notes that often dominate result in the gentlest, most intriguing masculine blends. Like my all-time favourite Brass Heart, Adamus is evocative of the sexy, gentle man - like how he might smell if you were to nuzzle at his neck. Sexy in a warm and teasing way. The slight tea-like scent giving way to a sexy heart as the lingering moss mingles perfectly with a comforting scent that is decidedly "him". Picking this apart is impossible, but if you have ever enjoyed the lighter, fresher unisex/guy blends, you MUST have this.

Oh, this is just glorious.:Smitten_emoticon:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by Atropos »

Ok if Funkie is gushing I am buying this one right now. I too love Fabienne's unisex/guy blends I was just waiting for some reviews, so thanks guys! :bigsmile:
funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by funkmoppet »

Dooooo eeeeeet. SRSLY. I wanted to hump my arm.
Aijin
primordial
primordial

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by Aijin »

Dooooo eeeeeet. SRSLY. I wanted to hump my arm.

Well, Fabienne, that's an endorsement if I've ever seen one. :Rubbing_Eyes_emoticon: Damnit I've gotta get me some of this stuff!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by fabienne »

I need to put that on the corporate literature! :rolling: Hell, I need to put that on my tombstone! "Fabienne Christenson-She was the woman whose customers used to say of her product: ______" I am laughing so hard now, I just started coughing. I really needed that laugh.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by Gemma »

Adamus is an amazing blend. One of my very favourites! I have not been able to stop wearing it since it arrived. :Smitten_emoticon:

The first time I wore this, I found it to be a rugged mossy scent mixed perfectly with something musky and with a hint of astringency. Subsequent applications made me ping that astringent note as cool black tea, like the kind you'd pour over ice with a slice of lemon (although there's no actual lemon note in this). This is such a wonderfully cool, sexy, and refreshing blend. It's unisex, leaning towards the masculine. I love it!
merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by merveilleuse »

WANT. :Ignoring_emoticon:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by Atropos »

Ok so I bought it and I too am tempted to hump my own arm! Review pending. I just am too busy and it is really hard to type with only one hand.:devil:
merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by merveilleuse »

ooh boy. got this today and have tried it twice. it's definitely masculine, IMO, and i can see the resemblance to a typical men's cologne. but, it's really good. my boyfriend has expressed interest in trying a new perfume (he's been wearing bpal's port-au-prince for years), so when i see him next... :devil: i love it when he's scented!

i can't dissect this scent right now, but will try once i wear it a few more times. it's bright and warm. i like. :__Wooo_Wooo_Wooo___emoticon::__Wooo_Wooo_Wooo___emoticon: