Adamus (Spring 2009)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: iced tea with lemon, maybe iced green tea with lemon? A bit sharp.

drying: Sweetish, warmer and more mellow than I expected from the first sniff. Starting to get something straw-like or hay-like. Smells like summer. A yellow sunny scent to my nose, but not girly or overtly floral.

full drydown: I think the lemony scent is actually ginger as this scent warmed up on my skin so much, and it reminds me of Silver Ginger with a lighter touch and a hint of wood. This is a clean, warm, happy scent. I'd call this unisex.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
InThePines
a spark
a spark

Re: Adamus (Spring 2009)

Post by InThePines »

This is one of my absolute favorite Possets! I agree that it is unisex. On me, it is a slightly sweet (almost plummy), expensive-smelling perfume. I can maybe detect a"dry hay"-ish note after an hour or so if I really try hard. I wish I could describe this more, but I think partly what I like about it is that it is so indescribable. I can wear this year round, and it really is awesome.
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

On my skin this is sharp bright, vegital, greedy, grassy.

Very low throw this hides out in my skin. It's interesting. I'll have to do a more slathery test later.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Reminds me of a classic man's scent from the 60's--perhaps Bay Rum, with a touch of powder. It's not quite my style, but it's a very pleasant, unisex, subtle scent that I would recommend sampling in case it works for you.
Maladextrose
primordial
primordial

Post by Maladextrose »

In the vial - Green cologne?

Wet - Sweet but certainly not sugary. Grassy but not a lawn grass scent. It's definitely living up to the claim of hay; it reminds me of growing up in a farming community and the smell of warm, drying hay. The green moss evokes almost a fuzzy feel. Overall, more masculine than feminine. Or perhaps firmly unisex despite the floral background?

Dry down - The moss dominates, but the hay and tobacco flower add a sexiness (I hesitate to use that word, but this is a fragrance I'd love to smell on other people). I do like the tobacco flower quite a lot. Something about this makes me smell tea, or maybe I only think I smell tea? There's an earthy smell that's not *dirt* or dirty, but hmm... I'm not sure what it is. I feel like I'm not describing my experience very well at all.

In the end it's too much moss for me? I think it's the moss that doesn't quite agree with my skin, but I'm not sure as I don't wear many perfumes with moss as a note. I enjoyed Adamus wet and as it dried, but not fully dry. It might do better on my clothes or in a scent locket.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

On me, like others have said this has a green, grassy kind of quality with just a hint of sweet lemony-vibe. It actually reminds me a little of citronella, so it does have a bug-spray sort of feel to it but is still quite pleasant. It's very fresh. Don't know if I would wear it alot but it is like a littel ray of sunshine on this harsh winter day we are having here.