Madame X

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

sanderj
a spark
a spark

Madame X

Post by sanderj »

I tried it today - it worked for me - a teaspoon full of Enui and a drop or two from Madam X - still the original Vilainess smooth was better.
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Madame X

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

I recieved this scent as a fressette in my first order from Possets. Its absolutely beautiful, but its what I call a bedroom scent. I don't call it that because its sexy, it deffinitly is, but, I call it that because I can only wear it to bed. My mom gets these horendus migraines from most scented things, synthetic fragrances and natural essential oils alike. There are very few scents that she can stand to smell me wear, only two in fact; Posset's Doped Punkin and BPAL's Snake Oil, thus far. So I have three classes of scents; mom friendly, out and about and bedroom scents. The out and about sort mom can't stand, but I can put them on on my way out the door and by the time I get home, three or four hours later they have faded and stay so close to the skin that I and my fiance can enjoy them, up-close, with out them bothering my mother. Madame X, is not one of those, as it lasts and lasts for hours. So, I put it on right before bed, so that I can fall asleep smelling it's warm comforting goodness and my fiance can enjoy it's sexy sweet apeal and when I bring the baby to bed he can experience dreams of creamy coconut vanilla clouds. But, by the time I get out of bed, eight or nine hours later the scent is just a memory and the last remnents are washed away in the morning shower and thus do not bother my mom. I'm no note expert, so I'll just share my over all impression. If Madame X were a color it would be a happy bright, but not florescent yellow with swirls of an equally happy sky blue. It's sweet and sexy, childlike and womanly at the same time, like a very adult and privocotave woman who is sexy in the extreme, but has a few cute girly tendencies that make her more appealing, nhot annoying, like playing with her hair or giggling only on the rare occasion when she is truly tickled by something. It has obvious vanilla and cream to it and the musk is subtle, but crucial to the blend. I hate floral and there are gentle florals in this, and yet I love it. I abhor fruity and there are understated fruits in here, and yet I adore it. From the site's description, I hadn't quite discovered the forum and it's helpful reviews yet, I concluded that this would not be a good choice for me, but fortunately, Fabienne knew better when she tossed it in with my order. Even if you don't like vanilla or foody, try it, because it is so much more than a purely sweet and warm foody blend. Its also very versatile. It turns my fiance on and makes him even more effectionate than he usually is and sometimes, even a little anamalistic. RRRAAARRRRRR! It helps my infant son calm down for quiet play or a nap and he gives me extra baby kisses when i wear it. It makes me feel satiated in a way that is two parts food related and one part sexual. I feel like I've just had a hugely caloric dessert in bed after making love for hours, and unlike many foody blends it doesn't leave me feeling hungry and craving sweets, but instead satiates that need and helps me to not indulge. I didn't really think of coconut right away, but when my mom smelled it on me and complained, "Heather, what is that disgusting coconut smell?" I realized that she was right, about the second part. It was indeed a coconuty scent, but far from disgusting, it is very smooth and lovely. It has good throw, good staying power and is a very complex and enticing fragrance that everyone should try, if only in a possette if you're not convinced. It would also make a nice ambiance scent in your home, or even in your car and I can see this being worn in a scent locket as well, because it is a morpher. I am not note savvy enough yet to say what exactly it does when it morphs, accept that in the bottle, wet, dry and long after it has dried down the nuances are different in each stage, less sweet as you go, and very beautiful at all levels. It seems to me to be its most balanced and complex in the room scent incarnation, which makes me think it would work in a scent locket. My mom's insane guide dog ate my possette of Madame X, in its entirety, vial and stopper and application wand and label and all and in the process she got it all over the carpet, my mom's rocking chair and her own fur. Much to my delight and to my mom's agony, when ever you walk through our living room now, you get the barest wiff of something lovely and hard to place that makes me smile every time I notice it. Other people have commented on the strangely compelling smell that they keep katching allusiry hints of. Mom tells them "Its some of that scented crap Heather wears. Lizzie ate a sample of it." and they nod sympathetically and then seek me out later and pull me aside, asking what that wonderful smell is and where they can buy it. rofl Poor mom. Bottom line, try this scent, its worth taking the risk of not caring for it, because its just so pretty that you shouldn't miss out on it, and so strikingly wonderful that if you don't like it, surely someone around you will start begging you for it when you are trying it out.
Pony
a spark
a spark

Madame X

Post by Pony »

Earthmama, that is one of the funniest "reviews" I have read in a while...
Oh, and I love Madame X and wear it frequently. By the end of a day, it has a certain "tingly" scent that I just love. One of my favorites.
coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Madame X

Post by coconutcream »

wow i just got my order today, i had ordered a big bottle of Madame X and glad i did as i love it, it is nice and sweet and seems to go well with my skin chemistry, like it was made for me!
love it, will be wearing it every day!
think i'm going to have to get at least one bottle of this with every order i place.

:rainbow:
thelaurenator
a spark
a spark

Madame X

Post by thelaurenator »

This is SO beautiful. For some reason, I did not expect this to smell the way it does. This is vanilla, but not your everyday, humdrum, run of the mill vanilla. This is SEXED UP vanilla. I really adore this one. Must upgrade to a bottle pronto!
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Madame X

Post by hyacinth »

So this is the famous Madame X!
SOAP! And bf was even more specific: Irish Spring!
Now I smell some vanilla...
DEFINATELY a try again scent.:pisces:
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Madame X

Post by gypsyjolie »

Luckily, I don't get anything at all soapy from Madame X. At first I get the creamiest vanilla ice cream ever, with a touch of pomegranate or some red berry making it just ever so lightly fruity. This goes a little plasticy on me (while the vanilla sweetness does not, just the "berry" part), then the "berry" fades and I swear I smell a touch of rose. The musk warms up after a few minutes making that vanilla cream richer and sexier. There's definitely a hint of floral and a lot of sugar, but this is a warm sweet skin scent. This is girly enough for dresses, yet can rock the casual jeans & sandals vibe (with painted toenails! of course). Very feminine. I actually more throw from this than most Possets, catching wafts of it from my wrists as I type on the keyboard. It stays for about 4 hours on me, which is pretty normal for Possets, but stays on my clothing for days. This is a wonderful everyday scent for me! It does make me want to put on eyeliner & mascara though :)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Madame X

Post by Ajila »

Everything that it promises to be; sweet, creamy and musky, but still light and dry. My inclination is that this is more comforting than sophisticated, but that may say more about me than it does the scent.
chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Madame X

Post by chinacat »

When Madame X enters the room, you know it, and after she;s gone, you know she's been there. She is sultry and intense, yet mysterious. The memory of her touch lingers for a long time.
This scent reminds me somewhat of Thierry Mugler's Angel. It is musky and rather spicy, with vanilla and a hint of coconut. It makes me feel dressed up when I wear it. Long-lasting, too.:cool:
Bunnycoat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Madame X

Post by Bunnycoat »

She's confusing me... started with lovely strong musky vanilla - with an odd sharp note... settled into something mellow.... but 9 hours later there is a odd smell.... I'll have to give her another chance :heartbounce: